Groups
    EXPIRED

OSPS Virgin Mobile contract question

Hi

I recently ordered a contract phone from OSPS on Virgin Mobile, it arrived on Monday and I wanted to port my Orange phone number to the phone. I've called up Virgin with the correct details and my PAC code but they have no record of me having a contract phone, although they do have my details on their system.
    They said I should call OSPS to check that I am sure I'm on a contract (I'm fairly sure I am considering the SIM card I received was inside a Virgin Pay Monthly package).
    I'm not quite sure where I stand at the moment, have I been given a free phone with the choice of registering it with Virgin Mobile and if I don't and therefore aren't getting any bills to send in to OSPS, has the phone practically been given to me for free?

I do want the Virgin Mobile deal, just somewhat confused. Do I need to register by calling 789 from the phone?

5 Comments

maybe OSPS are slow in sending the details to virgin or made a mistake...

whats OSPS ?

Original Poster

steffcip

maybe OSPS are slow in sending the details to virgin or made a mistake...

Maybe if they work through different sections at different times or something. OSPS have already sent my details though because I also got a letter in the post today from Virgin confirming my details, phone number for the contract etc.

OSPS is onestopphoneshop, sorry for any confusion.

Original Poster

just called Virgin again and they confirmed that I'm on a PAYG account and not a contract.

Does anyone know what this means with regards to where I stand with OSPS? If they are expecting me to be billed and send in claims will I be breaching my contract by staying on PAYG and effectively getting a free phone?

Brodel

just called Virgin again and they confirmed that I'm on a PAYG account … just called Virgin again and they confirmed that I'm on a PAYG account and not a contract.Does anyone know what this means with regards to where I stand with OSPS? If they are expecting me to be billed and send in claims will I be breaching my contract by staying on PAYG and effectively getting a free phone?

I'd send the phone back! Virgin Mobile have got to be one of the least competitive for contract deals. Did you not see any better deals on any other networks??

You have got a 7 day right to cancel, I'd ring them up and cancel but you have only got until Monday. Let us know how you get on.

Scott
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      2. What would be HELL to you?3255
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1414
      4. Vodafone Broadband Issues11

See more discussions