Groups

Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited vs Philips X-Treme Vision

Both lights on car have blown today previously had Ring Xenon Ultima and haven’t even lasted 9 months and was disappointed with the colour of the lights (thought it would provide a whiter light but didn't). Just wondering what people’s recommendations are or previous experiences with these bulbs?

16 Comments

i have had osram nightbreakers for approx 3 months. good light output and give a white light. Cant comment on length of use as I have only had them a short period of time

I have the Phillips bulbs, they are very bright, I had the night breakers on before and I will buy Philips over them all the time from now on. A bit expensive for bulbs but well worth the price.

Original Poster

LazybeatX

I have the Phillips bulbs, they are very bright, I had the night breakers … I have the Phillips bulbs, they are very bright, I had the night breakers on before and I will buy Philips over them all the time from now on. A bit expensive for bulbs but well worth the price.

, Whats the average lifespan, , becuase the only reason i'm being put off the nightbreakers are due to short lifespan.

Are these fancy bulbs worth the money? At the movement I have some cheapies I bought for about a fiver. Will I notice a big improvement with these? I have a long journey next week which will be mostly in the dark which I'm not looking forward to.

I have/had Osram night breaker plus bulbs. They failed after about 9 months and Amazon replaced them free. This set is now 18 months old. For me I ususally go with whats on offer (sub £15) when I need them as when you have to put the stock bulbs in you realise how rubbish they are!

what colouring are you after? just white? Blue tint? Are you using your bare hands to put them in?
    Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 1st Jan 2015

Original Poster

Comment

Apogee00

what colouring are you after? just white? Blue tint? Are you using your … what colouring are you after? just white? Blue tint? Are you using your bare hands to put them in?

just bright white to go with the other bright white bulbs installed on the car don't want the idiotic style blue show fake hid lights that you see people have blinding on coming drivers

I'd go for the Phillips then, I had these when I worked nights and was driving about 70 miles, they're a brilliant white, no colour tints and the beam has an excellent range. if i remember rightly I had them in for 18 months before changing car. Just don't touch the glass with bare hands, use tissue to hold them

Or just stop blinding other road users and use normal bulbs, I have not changed a light bulb in over 10 years using normal bulbs.

I have both on my car as the main and dipped beams. They are equally good. The thing is with these type of bulbs is the short lifespan. I've been lucky with mine but don't expect either to last any longer than the Ring ones.

I have Phillips in at the moment and have to say, I think the night breakers are brighter with more coverage ahead

Inactive

Or just stop blinding other road users and use normal bulbs, I have not … Or just stop blinding other road users and use normal bulbs, I have not changed a light bulb in over 10 years using normal bulbs.

Can't drive the car too often with lights on then.

This isn't about blinding roagd users, these are proper bulbs that light up the road ahead further up to 35m further...I see people with old yellowing bulbs on the road... Just about... Some people don't realise how near invisible their car can be to others on dark roads and that's as dangerous as chavvy blue tint light bulbs

Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 1st Jan 2015

mrwhitelabel

Can't drive the car too often with lights on then.This isn't about … Can't drive the car too often with lights on then.This isn't about blinding roagd users, these are proper bulbs that light up the road ahead further up to 35m further...I see people with old yellowing bulbs on the road... Just about... Some people don't realise how near invisible their car can be to others on dark roads and that's as dangerous as chavvy blue tint light bulbs

Specsavers for you then.

These high powered bulbs should be banned IMO, they are used by drivers that do not consider other road users, as long as they can see a mile up the road, stuff anybody else.

Edited by: "Inactive" 1st Jan 2015

Original Poster

Comment

Inactive

Specsavers for you then.These high powered bulbs should be banned IMO, … Specsavers for you then.These high powered bulbs should be banned IMO, they are used by drivers that do not consider other road users, as long as they can see a mile up the road, stuff anybody else.

Your mistaken the usual lights that incoming drivers are dazzled and blinded by are the aftermarket cheap chavy lights that your can buy for a few quid they don't meet eu regulations.. Lights meeting the correct regulations should focus the light towards the left in Britain so it doesn't blind incoming traffic.. Cheap aftermarket lights scatter the light everywhere and usually cause an MOT failure !!

waaqii

CommentYour mistaken the usual lights that incoming drivers are dazzled … CommentYour mistaken the usual lights that incoming drivers are dazzled and blinded by are the aftermarket cheap chavy lights that your can buy for a few quid they don't meet eu regulations.. Lights meeting the correct regulations should focus the light towards the left in Britain so it doesn't blind incoming traffic.. Cheap aftermarket lights scatter the light everywhere and usually cause an MOT failure !!

I am not " mistaken " and it is oncoming.....not " incoming ".

Inactive

Specsavers for you then.These high powered bulbs should be banned IMO, … Specsavers for you then.These high powered bulbs should be banned IMO, they are used by drivers that do not consider other road users, as long as they can see a mile up the road, stuff anybody else.

35metres is hardly a mile
    My car has auto self leveling, so lights are focussed correctly on the road, not towards drivers eye level, yes hills are different as its the same for all lights
    But if you think driving with duller lights is safer, you may wish to retake your test.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044563
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410

See more discussions