Groups

OSWD.org Templates HELP

I have downloaded the "lime green" template and am in the process of altering it, but can not seem to change the image on the index page.

a) can i change this image, and
    b) if so, how.

the image is currently inserted as a div.header ?

28 Comments

Banned

Post a link.

(Or supply a crystal ball!)

Original Poster

guv;2846246

Post a link.(Or supply a crystal ball!)

oswd.org/des…me/

you need to dl to your PC, then open in frontpage or summit

cheers Guv

Banned

Just upload the template somewhere and I'll look.

Original Poster

guv;2846390

Just upload the template somewhere and I'll look.

gentlehands.co.uk/test

Banned

The image is inserted with the css file

Just look at the css file and you will see:

/* header */
    .header {
    background: url(img/header.jpg) no-repeat;
    height: 180px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 630px;
    }

Meaning you have a folder called img with an image called header.jpg

Just replace that image, or if you want to edit the size (presumably the height?), just change the value above from 180px to whatever height image you are using.

Original Poster

guv;2846448

Just replace that image, or if you want to edit the size (presumably the … Just replace that image, or if you want to edit the size (presumably the height?), just change the value above from 180px to whatever height image you are using.

you my friend are ACE! cheers, rep added

Banned

All the "settings" for that webpage are located in the css file.

Original Poster

guv;2846528

All the "settings" for that webpage are located in the css file.

so if i change anything do i need to amend the CSS file? :?

Banned

Disco;2847041

so if i change anything do i need to amend the CSS file? :?

You edit the htm file for the content. The layout design is within the css file.

Original Poster

guv;2848946

You edit the htm file for the content. The layout design is within the … You edit the htm file for the content. The layout design is within the css file.

Brill, thanks for ya help.. I' not as advanced as you yet! lol :whistling::whistling:

Original Poster

Hey Guv..

Test up the site, as a basic template per page, waiting for someone to get back to me.. see what ya think

[url]www.gentlehands.co.uk/test[/url]

Banned

Disco;2852113

Hey Guv..Test up the site, as a basic template per page, waiting for … Hey Guv..Test up the site, as a basic template per page, waiting for someone to get back to me.. see what ya think[url]www.gentlehands.co.uk/test[/url]

Yes, I know who it is too!

Looks ok. Simple design layout..... but that is what is reqd for the content.

More to the point, is there anything YOU don't like about it?

Original Poster

guv;2852257

Yes, I know who it is too!Looks ok. Simple design layout..... but that is … Yes, I know who it is too!Looks ok. Simple design layout..... but that is what is reqd for the content.

you know who what? :whistling:

Banned

Disco;2852266

you know who what? :whistling:

Is it not DLM? Thought I saw mention about a site she wanted for a residents association?

Original Poster

guv;2852279

Is it not DLM? Thought I saw mention about a site she wanted for a … Is it not DLM? Thought I saw mention about a site she wanted for a residents association?

yea maybe... said I would do it as for next to nothing, as a need a startin base for my portfolio.

Where do I stand with regards to copyright? Do i need to state where I got the template from?

I notice you've taken the authors name from the bottom footer, templates.arcsin.se

Not very nice tbh, I've had people steal my templates before and its horrible. As I spent many hours on photoshop working hard on layouts just for some people to come along and steal it, change the top image and a few colours then all of a sudden they think they can put there name at the bottom...

Original Poster

nacider;2852383

I notice you've taken the authors name from the bottom footer, … I notice you've taken the authors name from the bottom footer, http://templates.arcsin.seNot very nice tbh, I've had people steal my templates before and its horrible. As I spent many hours on photoshop working hard on layouts just for some people to come along and steal it, change the top image and a few colours then all of a sudden they think they can put there name at the bottom...

I've kindly emailled him asking if this is ok, and that i would link his site to my portfolio site once I have designed and uploaded it. If Arcsin comes back to me and asks for it to be amended, then so be it.

On another note nacider/guv, I'm after a nice template that would go nice with a reflexogy website.([url]www.gentlehands.co.uk[/url]) A little bit like ]THIS ONE, but the other half perfers picks/light red. If anyone gets me one within the next couple days, I'll Rep them immesly and through then a little something their way :thumbsup:

really you should have his name at the bottom. on some templates people watermark the layout with their name so nobody can take it off unless they completely change all the images.. just speaking from a designers point of view - its not nice to take a layout and hide the credit

Original Poster

nacider;2852451

really you should have his name at the bottom. on some templates people … really you should have his name at the bottom. on some templates people watermark the layout with their name so nobody can take it off unless they completely change all the images.. just speaking from a designers point of view - its not nice to take a layout and hide the credit

i dont wanna take credit for the layout, and will glady leave me name off altogether, leaving the bttm green bar, blank.

Do you think you can find/create me a template for my needs?

Banned

Disco;2852417

On another note nacider/guv, I'm after a nice template that would go nice … On another note nacider/guv, I'm after a nice template that would go nice with a reflexogy website.([url]www.gentlehands.co.uk[/url]) A little bit like ]THIS ONE, but the other half perfers picks/light red. If anyone gets me one within the next couple days, I'll Rep them immesly and through then a little something their way :thumbsup:

Design looks very similar to the one you are using, though colours really are not an issue in the slightest and very easy to amend.

I agree with nacider BTW. You havent designed it and useage for free is on the proviso you give the guy credit for his work.

Now I've mention to you previously a site that I wholeheartedly recomend for layout design. Have you not had a look? [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]

Original Poster

guv;2852484

Design looks very similar to the one you are using, though colours really … Design looks very similar to the one you are using, though colours really are not an issue in the slightest and very easy to amend.I agree with nacider BTW. You havent designed it and useage for free is on the proviso you give the guy credit for his work.Now I've mention to you previously a site that I wholeheartedly recomend for layout design. Have you not had a look? [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]

I aint saying i haven't amended it..

I've swapped the header image, and the bottom green bar. all the rest is the same.

Thats the first time you recommended that template site Guv :thumbsup:

Banned

Disco;2852507

Thats the first time you recommended that template site Guv :thumbsup:

Oh no it isn't!!!!!!

You may recall me mentioning one of the designs being used on ]this site of mine. (Soon to die as the domain and hosting is being dropped)

I aint saying i haven't amended it..I've swapped the header image, and … I aint saying i haven't amended it..I've swapped the header image, and the bottom green bar. all the rest is the same.

I was talking about this new design you were looking at as being similar.

Original Poster

its ok.. I'll leave the credit on the bottom - guess its only fair :thumbsup:

Banned

Thanks for all the hard work, people are putting in to this for me.

Rep added to all of the above HUKD members :thumbsup:

Original Poster

No prob. although I will do most of the work on the site, thanks must go to Guv and Nacider for help and guidance so far :thumbsup:

anyway, (ahem) where the info DLM :whistling:

Original Poster

Hi Guys

Is there anyway I can update links on all 7 pages, without doing this individually? (theres 10links per page, hence 70 times I'd need to do it)

(im using a OSWD template btw) Rep waiting :thumbsup:

Banned

Disco;2856844

Hi GuysIs there anyway I can update links on all 7 pages, without doing … Hi GuysIs there anyway I can update links on all 7 pages, without doing this individually? (theres 10links per page, hence 70 times I'd need to do it)(im using a OSWD template btw) Rep waiting :thumbsup:

Since those pages are static and presumably all in the root DIR, all you need to do is create this once, then copy and post to the relevant highlighted part in each page and replace. There is no easier option, apart from saving the index, then saving again as the next page and so on until you have ten pages all the same. You then edit from there. But the better option would be to use something like dreamweaver, save as a template and dreamweaver will create all your pages with correctly linked pages - even if you save them in a directory further up the tree.

Original Poster

done it... once again, you excel in all things advanced :thumbsup:

The residents site is there, or there abouts, just need info before i can update/link..

Dave
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365
      2. What would be HELL to you?1314
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346

See more discussions