other options to sky and Virgin

23 replies
Found 13th May
I've just cancelled my full sky subscription due to cost and wondered what options I have now for TV

1. Ask
  2. Sky
  3. Virgin
23 Comments

now tv?

BT TV?

depends what you want - movies? boxset?

look at Now TV - Netflix - Amazon Prime

or do what we do - find friends and family in the same situation and share all three of above - one pays for one service but share the logins !

EliTom

well you can still watch sky freeview. depends if you need the subscription channels.

Plusnet but will need a Cable

or buy a zgamma box...

if your 31 days notice isn't up yet sky will more than likely phone you with a deal to stay I phone every year to cancel and they phone me back with a good deal to stay

Wait a while. Sky start pestering you with 60% off after a month.

Can put you on mate rates deal if fancy pal on virgin
Edited by: "bigack" 13th May

I wouldn't bother with virgin, their TV service never works as it should, showing up errors and faults. Their customer service is soon poor it's unbelievable, no one takes ownership of problems you the customer encounter and you get treated like your bothering them. As some one else mentioned, wait a month and sky will start sending you 60% off codes.

elitom

depends what you want - movies? boxset?look at Now TV - Netflix - Amazon … depends what you want - movies? boxset?look at Now TV - Netflix - Amazon Primeor do what we do - find friends and family in the same situation and share all three of above - one pays for one service but share the logins !EliTom

Best suggestion. Cut the cord. Though prime video is only available to the main account holder if I'm not mistaken. But the sharing of now TV and netflix is the way alot of people are now going.

kodi...

EN1GMA

Best suggestion. Cut the cord. Though prime video is only available to … Best suggestion. Cut the cord. Though prime video is only available to the main account holder if I'm not mistaken. But the sharing of now TV and netflix is the way alot of people are now going.

for sure Amazon prime can be shared ...

I do it with my Father no problem ... inc. Prime deliveries to 2 addresses

EliTom

Demondoguk

kodi...

getting more dodgy by the day

EliTom

elitom

getting more dodgy by the day EliTom

No more dodgy than 2 years ago

Lol. Ive tried them all legal and not. If you like live sport etc and the widest choice NOTHING compares to sky. I wish it did as im tight as a ducks hoop but it doesnt lol.

Phone theem and tell them times are hard and your lookin to cut den on outgoings theyll give you a good deal. Been doing it for years it always works

Freeview and Kodi for your live sport and Films/US TV. Obviously Kodi isn't faultless and more often than not live sport streams are glitchy, but in my eyes it beats paying dozens of pounds per month.

elitom

for sure Amazon prime can be shared ...I do it with my Father no problem … for sure Amazon prime can be shared ...I do it with my Father no problem ... inc. Prime deliveries to 2 addresses EliTom

Your comment on prime is the first I've heard. How much is prime a month. How many people can share the account and use simultaneously watch prime at the same time?

EN1GMA

Your comment on prime is the first I've heard. How much is prime a month. … Your comment on prime is the first I've heard. How much is prime a month. How many people can share the account and use simultaneously watch prime at the same time?

TBH I am not sure - but both my Father and his ladyfriend use a Firestcik on his account - plus I use the same account on Roku stick / PS3

cost £70 per year

EliTom

I have Freesat for terrestrial TV just use your existing feed from Sky satellite and you can still record and pause live TV. I also have Amazon Prime and share my Netflix. I left Sky about 3-4 years ago and never looked back.

If your line is fast enough for BT Infinity then BT TV is an option, cheap enough and the Youview boxes support Netflix.

Edited by: "PKRichie" 14th May

Original Poster

thanks all. the only reason ever had sky was for the football. end of the season now so can manage but will see over the next few months what's on offer

Original Poster

I cancelled my sky package and they range me ordering 65% off.
got everything TV wise other than sports for £20 per month. HD channels etc.
will add sports when the season starts for another £8 per a month
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions