Found 22nd Sep 2009
yesterday i reached round the back of my ps3 to switch it off and i got a sharp pain in my right arm, ever since then it's been getting more and more painful when i move it in certain directions, (even hurts when i lift my cup of coffee!) also throbs sometimes when i'm not moving it.
i think i sprained it somehow (?!) dya think it's worth me going to the doctors? dunno if there's anything they can do for a sprain...
am very annoyed because my copy of guitar hero 5 and shiny red guitar is being delivered today and i wont be able to play it :'( *sobs*

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

you sprained your hand while turning off the ps3 :lol:

You have probably pulled a muscle, which is so easy too do. The doctor will tell you to take pain killers. I usually use soluable disprin / asprin. Don't put it in water, just let it dissolve on your tongue - it works fast.

Original Poster

strike;6358612

you sprained your hand while turning off the ps3 :lol:

it's not funny, lol, it's my upper arm and really hurts

Original Poster

Predikuesi;6358623

You have probably pulled a muscle, which is so easy too do. The doctor … You have probably pulled a muscle, which is so easy too do. The doctor will tell you to take pain killers. I usually use soluable disprin / asprin. Don't put it in water, just let it dissolve on your tongue - it works fast.

to be honest i thought they'd just say the same thing, thanks for the advice. i don't even know how i did it but this morning i'm having trouble lifting my arm up without it being excruciating

it's been getting more and more painful when i move it in certain … it's been getting more and more painful when i move it in certain directions, (even hurts when i lift my cup of coffee!)

My advice is don't move your arm in certain directions & don't lift a cup of coffee lol

Seriously, rest the arm completely for a day or two then start using it again gently. If you're still in pain after a week then go see the doctor. Take pain killers as required.

hope it gets better soon OP

Original Poster

thank you

I know it doesn't help now.. the damage is already done. But WHY were you reaching round the back to turn it off??
I always just turn mine off via the shutdown option... then if I don't wanna leave it in standby just unplug it or switch off at the socket. I know that either of those may not be an option for you, was just wondering is all? - some people think it is "safer" to turn it off on a switch on the device.. but it makes no difference to be honest.

I agree with Paddy, only ever switch off on the front or use the controller to shutdown my ps3? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6359310

I know it doesn't help now.. the damage is already done. But WHY were you … I know it doesn't help now.. the damage is already done. But WHY were you reaching round the back to turn it off??

ummm..... cos it's the on/off switch!!!!

missp27;6359512

ummm..... cos it's the on/off switch!!!!

LOL - I was just pointing out that there are other much easier ways (depending on where your console is situated) to turn it off.... no need to get offended because I offered a different way to do it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6359742

LOL - I was just pointing out that there are other much easier ways … LOL - I was just pointing out that there are other much easier ways (depending on where your console is situated) to turn it off.... no need to get offended because I offered a different way to do it :thumbsup:

hehe i'm not offended don't worry. nah it's easier for me to use the on/off switch because it's hard to reach the plugs

missp27;6359804

hehe i'm not offended don't worry. nah it's easier for me to use the … hehe i'm not offended don't worry. nah it's easier for me to use the on/off switch because it's hard to reach the plugs

No worries, was just wondering... hope you get better soon.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247648
    2. Tickets on Sky VIP app55
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769506
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming1322

See more discussions