Groups

our virgin f secure is finished

our virgin F secure free for a year has finished, what would you recommend for all round protection for our desk top and at a fair price? or should I pay for renewal is it worth it ?

5 Comments

To be honest if you're careful nowadays you really don't need anything other something free. Yes paid for software will likely be a little better but I've never had any issues with just using MSE.

Original Poster

thank you joshp .

I would have to agree. AV can only protect you from things it knows about and often it's the new ones that get you. In my time I've install fsecure to 1000s of PCs and even networked McAfee across the world to 35,000 people. Just don't open any attachment in a email you wasn't expecting and don't go on iffy sites. MS basic security should do the rest and your machines will run a lot faster because of it. Make sure you uninstall !

Anything decent thats free should suffice like bitdifender / avira.

bitdefender.co.uk/sol…tml
    Lacks controllability, but the Bitdefender engine scores consistently well at av-test ... hmm, it dropped a point or 2 in the latest, with AVG getting a top score (though of all the times I've known people have their AV let them down, it's been AVG).

I'd also recommend pairing your AV with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, as that covers up many of the holes that things get in by.

If I could only have one, it would be MBAE rather than an antivirus, as MBAE defends the point of greatest exposure.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions