Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to meet your GF/BF/ or partners parents/family?

Did you meet them really soon? or did it take you ages to meet them.

26 Comments

I already knew his family, because he was my best friends brother!

I knew my ex's dad anyway, in fact he had hit on me before we got together

Previously relationships before that were never that serious

ohh the pain the pain,two years of hypnotherappy and you fetch it all back

lol

Aaaaaaaaaages!!!

Erm.. They invited me to a christmas do around between crimbo and New year, she met my dads side boxing day. We met the 26th Nov.

Not to long really.

Original Poster

is 3 mths too soon?

a couple of days after we got together, then again we moved into a council house together after just 2 weeks of being with each other.

Original Poster

greyparrot;4534154

a couple of days after we got together, then again we moved into a … a couple of days after we got together, then again we moved into a council house together after just 2 weeks of being with each other.

Crumbs..speedy Gonzalez lol

Never thank god for my last gf, they lived in Australia:thumbsup:

bellabonkers;4534151

is 3 mths too soon?

No I don't think it is but only you know how serious it is

Original Poster

fireheaven;4534194

No I don't think it is but only you know how serious it is

He has hinted a couple of times that I come to family events with him, but I wasn't sure if he thought he should be asking of really would quite like my company. I'm inclined to think he would like me to go but I sorta made a joke about it and said i'd meet them next Christmas!!! lol Now I feel semi guilty about that 'cos he thinks i'm nervous I guess. And I am a little, he has a largish family. and I worry I'd clam up and appear a moody cow to them all.

me to meet her family 2/3 months or so, her to meet mine 2/3 days after getting together properly she made me do 4 months of chasing first and being just friends, must of seen worth it though as normally if they werent in the sack within 24 hours I moved to next target now nearly 5 years on from first meeting her we are still together, which is a record, even my marriage didnt last that long (all of 5 days)!

bellabonkers;4534283

and I worry I'd clam up and [COLOR=Blue]appear a moody cow to them … and I worry I'd clam up and [COLOR=Blue]appear a moody cow to them all[/COLOR].

you mean you're not?:whistling::p:p:p

All depends on how you are, how the relationship is, how fast its moving.

Difficult to ask when everyones circumstances are different, but i hope it all turns out good and well.

Good Luck for when you do finally meet them BB.

Bigpoppaad

harlzter;4534378

LOL - Lowblow

Bigpoppaad;4534400

LOL - Lowblow

bella knows im only kidding (I hope) and I lover her really:p

asking me for relationship advice is like asking a monk on 1001 ways to please your lover

Original Poster

harlzter;4534378

Nope, of course not. I'm brilliant...the sun shines out of my.........

bellabonkers;4534451

Nope, of course not. I'm brilliant...the sun shines out of my.........

on the other hand you are female so.........

***Harlzter quickly runs for cover cowering at the thought of female hukders baying for first blood.

On a serious note I hope it all works out for you as it seems you are really taken with the lucky fella.

Original Poster

harlzter;4534465

on the other hand you are female so.........***Harlzter quickly runs for … on the other hand you are female so.........***Harlzter quickly runs for cover cowering at the thought of female hukders baying for first blood.On a serious note I hope it all works out for you as it seems you are really taken with the lucky fella.

I am, I'm very taken with him....I hope it lasts

bellabonkers;4534555

I am, I'm very taken with him....I hope it lasts

So do I, I can remember you saying a while back (ages in fact) something along the lines of you was worried of being left on the shelf, you seem a lovely person so deserve every happiness

Well my brother moved 4 hours away, 3 years ago to be with someone. We have still not even seen a photo of her, although we keep asking. We have had her daughter stay with us a few times (with my brother) and are taking her and him on holiday soon. We have said the g/f can come with us, but no chance it will happen.

TBH, I am bored of the whole thing. Couldnt care less any more, we have been nice and tried to include her and stuff, but we cant know anything about her even though she knows all about us and has seen photos.

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;4534734

Well my brother moved 4 hours away, 3 years ago to be with someone. We … Well my brother moved 4 hours away, 3 years ago to be with someone. We have still not even seen a photo of her, although we keep asking. We have had her daughter stay with us a few times (with my brother) and are taking her and him on holiday soon. We have said the g/f can come with us, but no chance it will happen.TBH, I am bored of the whole thing. Couldnt care less any more, we have been nice and tried to include her and stuff, but we cant know anything about her even though she knows all about us and has seen photos.

Thats just strange.....

My bf lives 1hrs drive from me but he seems more then happy to make the effort.

bellabonkers;4534151

is 3 mths too soon?

No!! I met my hubby at university and we visited each others families as soon as the term ended, i.e. went to stay for several days. I suppose that would have been about 8 weeks after meeting.
bellabonkers;4534283

He has hinted a couple of times that I come to family events with him, … He has hinted a couple of times that I come to family events with him, but I wasn't sure if he thought he should be asking of really would quite like my company. I'm inclined to think he would like me to go but I sorta made a joke about it and said i'd meet them next Christmas!!! lol Now I feel semi guilty about that 'cos he thinks i'm nervous I guess. And I am a little, he has a largish family. and I worry I'd clam up and appear a moody cow to them all.

Just say that you'd love to meet his lot. It's bound to be a bit frightening but as long as you smile it'll be fine. Moody cow - no; happy duck - yes.
harlzter;4534673

So do I, I can remember you saying a while back (ages in fact) something … So do I, I can remember you saying a while back (ages in fact) something along the lines of you was worried of being left on the shelf, you seem a lovely person so deserve every happiness

I agree .....
....... and I think that you're lovely as well Harlzter.

Been single so long can't remember :whistling:

harlzter;4534367

me to meet her family 2/3 months or so, her to meet mine 2/3 days after … me to meet her family 2/3 months or so, her to meet mine 2/3 days after getting together properly she made me do 4 months of chasing first and being just friends, must of seen worth it though as normally if they werent in the sack within 24 hours I moved to next target now nearly 5 years on from first meeting her we are still together, which is a record, even my marriage didnt last that long (all of 5 days)!

Am I right in remembering that you were with another HUKD member? Miss Pain, or something like that? Or is my memory playing tricks and it was someone else? I'm sure it was you. Are you still together then?

Edit - Bella, only you will know if it feels the time is right. Don't worry about when you do meet them, but if you are really nervous, have a little word with your boyfriend beforehand and ask him to stick close by as much as possible. You'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Banned

Met girlfriend's Mum before I went out with her as we all worked at same place, met her dad the first night she invited me round. She met mine couple of weeks later, we were 17, 18 now we're 24, 25
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2345
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763867
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213591
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214084

See more discussions