Groups

OUT-OF-DATE

Banned
    I check through my cupboards often, but there is always something out-of-date.

Who has the most out-of-date store cupboard item in their kitchen?

Photographic proof would be a plus.

27 Comments

Is this really a show off point??

Original Poster Banned

pghstochaj;2906360

Is this really a show off point??

No, it's a fact of life. :roll:

But anybody posting really out of date food in their cupboards will make themselves look bad, and possibly disgusting?

Back in my bachelor days i once found a tin of peaches in the back of the cupboard that rattled when you shook them! :lol:

Clearly can't offer proof of this, but a friend moved house a couple of years ago. They bought the house off some old woman who left most of her possessions in the house and just left, even left her wedding photos from about 50 years before!

Anyway they had to chuck out food which was out of date in the 70's!!!!!

Original Poster Banned

golfchip;2906404

Back in my bachelor days i once found a tin of peaches in the back of the … Back in my bachelor days i once found a tin of peaches in the back of the cupboard that rattled when you shook them! :lol:

Bit of cream could have perked them up:?

Original Poster Banned

bankofmumndad;2906426

Clearly can't offer proof of this, but a friend moved house a couple of … Clearly can't offer proof of this, but a friend moved house a couple of years ago. They bought the house off some old woman who left most of her possessions in the house and just left, even left her wedding photos from about 50 years before! Anyway they had to chuck out food which was out of date in the 70's!!!!!

:w00t:

Original Poster Banned

pghstochaj;2906402

But anybody posting really out of date food in their cupboards will make … But anybody posting really out of date food in their cupboards will make themselves look bad, and possibly disgusting?

Not really, the usual thing is herbs and spices. I have only one out-of-date though, Bouquet Garni Sept 2006. :-D

i have a whole box of out of date food i'm still using, actually it's baby food so other members of my family are eating it instead,
    But seriously every week when the bins are collected i check all my food for expiration date, it's mainly yoghurts in the fridge that go

I've got a strawberry jelly, a tin of spam and a jar of pickled eggs, all from the 1960's...

....i've nicknamed them prissy, twinks and firey :-D

owlass;2909439

I've got a strawberry jelly, a tin of spam and a jar of pickled eggs, all … I've got a strawberry jelly, a tin of spam and a jar of pickled eggs, all from the 1960's.......i've nicknamed them prissy, twinks and firey :-D

lol...... were they in that order too :-D

midlandscomics;2909467

lol...... were they in that order too :-D

you've seen their pics :whistling:

I got some brown ale from 1997, but it's a commerative editiion, some from 2006 also and Mansfield millenium ale from 1999

we probably have loads in our cupboards, all that special stuff you get in for xmas, and never use.. then find it years later stuffed right at the back. I dread to think......

when i moved in with my OH i doe a big clean as you know men when they live on their own yuck,
    well i found a tin of summit or other cant remember what it was that went out of date in 1999, i moved in about 2 - 3 years ago :lol:

At uni in the first year i found a packet of sandwich turkey dated August 05.. considering we started uni September 05 someone bought out of date turkey to uni. It stayed in the fridge til January 2006

I have a can of coconut milk that went off in 1997 but I can't find it to take a pic (perhaps someone threw it out - God forbid!). There's also plenty of alcohol lying around from the 1970/80's but I dunno if you can class them as out of date? The ones which were more solid than liquid were chucked out this year!!

Original Poster Banned

owlass;2909439

I've got a strawberry jelly, a tin of spam and a jar of pickled eggs, all … I've got a strawberry jelly, a tin of spam and a jar of pickled eggs, all from the 1960's.......i've nicknamed them prissy, twinks and firey :-D

That's so sweet of you;-)x

I found a packet of Original Opal Fruits the other day. They can't be any newer than 1998.

Original Poster Banned

duckmagicuk2;2912365

I found a packet of Original Opal Fruits the other day. They can't be any … I found a packet of Original Opal Fruits the other day. They can't be any newer than 1998.

Now really impress me and find a packet of Spangles:w00t:

Banned

I asked for some mustard from my dad a few weeks ago, round his house, and whilst it tasted funny, I still ate it. When i looked I found out it was dated 1982

Original Poster Banned

Gross.

Foosball Chum;2912401

I asked for some mustard from my dad a few weeks ago, round his house, … I asked for some mustard from my dad a few weeks ago, round his house, and whilst it tasted funny, I still ate it. When i looked I found out it was dated 1982

:w00t:

Got a can of Bud Light that was "born" in August 1996. Drank loads in the States at that time (before i discovered "proper" beer) and brought a can back as a souvenir - suppose we should really drain it out and just keep the can.

In hindsight, it tasted like p~~s in 1996, and probably tastes like it now.

Original Poster Banned

Evil_monkey;2912622

Got a can of Bud Light that was "born" in August 1996. Drank loads in the … Got a can of Bud Light that was "born" in August 1996. Drank loads in the States at that time (before i discovered "proper" beer) and brought a can back as a souvenir - suppose we should really drain it out and just keep the can.In hindsight, it tasted like p~~s in 1996, and probably tastes like it now.

LOL, you are probably right:w00t:

I found a packet of jolly ranchers in the antic a few days ago, do they still make them?

Original Poster Banned

http://www.abritishstore.com/USERIMAGES/JollyRancherFruitChews.jpg

I've not seen them:?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions