Groups

Out of these 4 phones which one is best? (Rep will be given to best adviser)

sony erricson s500i
    tmobile vairy/ orange vegas?
    Sony Ericsson W205.
    will rep to best advice

17 Comments

Original Poster

Sony Ericson W205

* Slider style handset.

* 65k colour screen.

* Built-in 1.3 megapixel camera.

* Video capture and playback.

* MP3 player.

* FM radio.

* Bluetooth.

* Internal memory 5MB.

* Expandable memory (compatible card) M2 (1GB included).

* Dual band.

* Talk time - up to 540 minutes.

* Stand-by time - up to 425 hours.

* Vibration alert.

* Downloadable games only.

* WAP compatible.

* Size of handset (H)92, (W)47, (D)16.4mm.

* Weight 96g.

Buying guides

Original Poster

tmobile vairy/ vegas

* Touch screen handset.

* 65k colour screen.

* Built-in 1.3 megapixel camera.

* Video capture and playback.

* MP3 player.

* FM radio.

* Bluetooth.

* Internal memory 16Mb.

* Expandable memory - compatible card Mini SD (2GB card included).

* Talk time - up to 180 minutes.

* Stand-by time - up to 180 hours.

* WAP compatible.

* Size of handset (H)52, (W)93, (D)16mm.

* Weight 83.5g.

Original Poster

sony erricson s500i

Blog your life
    The easy way to share your life in pictures. Take or choose a photo, add a little text and publish it for friends and family to enjoy. Learn more about picture blogging
    Integrated camera

Built-in digital camera with screen viewfinder, dedicated menus and direct interaction with in-phone imaging and messaging features.
    Pre-installed games

Unpack, turn on and Fun games are embedded in your phone, so there’s always something to amuse you when you’ve got free time.
    Links you like

Forget cables - wireless is the way forward. Connect to other devices with Bluetooth™ to sync, share and send. Read more
    Web wherever

Truly mobile internet lets you enjoy browsing the Web and effectively manage your email from the convenience of your phone, wherever you are.

More for your phone
    Get exciting stuff for your phone at Sony Ericsson Fun & Downloads - the place to download games, ringtones, themes and much more.

Original Poster

pics

sony erricson s500ihttp://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/Sony-Ericsson-S500.jpg

sony ericsson w205 http://gigglehd.com/zbxe/files/attach/images/237/825/167/002/sony-ericsson-w205-walkman-music-phone-1.jpg

tmobile vairy/ vedas
    http://www.mobilegazette.com/handsets/t-mobile/t-mobile-vairy-touch/t-mobile-vairy-touch.jpg

Original Poster

anyone?

dont get the vegas whatever you do-its cheap ,nasty rubbish! dreadful interface,terribly unresponsive touchscreen-just horrible!

My fella has the s500i but i find the buttons are a pain in the bum unless you are used to that type really.
    Is it mainly for a camera or a music thingy you will be using it for?
    Just if it is just for the camera purposes the samsung g600 or newer models are fab! i swear by mine and it has music mp3 or whatever you call it but i dont use it :whistling:

Original Poster

Thanks you two i just want an all type of rounder phone really

Have a looky into the samsungs though as they are not as bad as they used to be :oops:

I had a samsung g600, it was a nice phone BUT the camera was terrible to use. Picture quality was good but the delay was awful! No good for taking photos of kids - they wandered off before the flash!

Original Poster

bunny_boiler;5863152

Have a looky into the samsungs though as they are not as bad as they used … Have a looky into the samsungs though as they are not as bad as they used to be :oops:

recently had a samsung and had a few other ones before apart from the appearance i dont really like them much
    sorry:oops:
    i really appreciate the help you've given though

Original Poster

honeyb35;5863168

I had a samsung g600, it was a nice phone BUT the camera was terrible to … I had a samsung g600, it was a nice phone BUT the camera was terrible to use. Picture quality was good but the delay was awful! No good for taking photos of kids - they wandered off before the flash!

Tis true the camera on the u600 took ages too maybe its a samsung thing?

dont get any the s500i's buttons will break sooner or later - this is a common fault with the phone
    i suspect same as the w205 since its roughly same design

Unless you can afford an iPhone, get the best Nokia you can afford. At least they're decently built. Avoid Samsung and Sony Ericsson!

Original Poster

muffin247;5863309

dont get any the s500i's buttons will break sooner or later - this is a … dont get any the s500i's buttons will break sooner or later - this is a common fault with the phonei suspect same as the w205 since its roughly same design

I thought they mended the afult by re leasing the phone again?

Original Poster

tony_s1;5863356

Unless you can afford an iPhone, get the best Nokia you can afford. At … Unless you can afford an iPhone, get the best Nokia you can afford. At least they're decently built. Avoid Samsung and Sony Ericsson!

have an ipod touch and not really into Nokia's
    But thanks all the same

Banned

difficult one...

I'm trying not to be as useless and irritating as the rest on this thread... but I really don't like any of them

Every sony-erricson phone I've had, the buttons have started to fall off! My sister also had a s580i music phone (i think that was the model number - looks similar to the first phone u pictured) - and the slider failed, along with the bottom row of buttons.

Anyway, could you be tempted by a Samsung? I don't rate samsungs much, but they are better built than SE in my opinion.

Tocco lite?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked33
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial712
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay716
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764336

See more discussions