Groups

(Outlet) Dell Studio 15 (1558) Refurb Laptop, £400 good deal?

Well I was um'ing and ah'ing about what latop to get and was torn between the studio 15 and 17 and although I would have liked the 17" model but I was enticed by the price of this model that came on the outlet store, but I just wanted to see if anyone thinks otherwise who has more computer sense than me. It came to £399.61 all together inc vat and delivery (delivery on the outlet is free atm) and as it is a cert refurb I figured it was better than going for a scratch and dent one.

By the way I will mostly be using it for 3d modelling and photoshop things whilst I am away from my main computer (which isn't as good spec as this one I think)

Studio 1558
    English Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    500GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)
    Intel i5-430M(2.26GHz)
    Certified Refurbished
    4096MB (2x2048) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
    512 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570
    Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11 b g)
    DVD+ -RW (8X)
    6 cell 56W HR LI-ION Battery
    15.6in High Definition (1366X768) WLED
    Camera Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera
    LCD Back Cover Black Chainlink

5 Comments

good price i'd say.

i5 cpu and dedicated graphics makes this a good price in my book:)

dell wanted this price for a i3 with on board graphics a while back.

Waits for the OP to get to the checkout then realises thats not including VAT and shipping and it nearer £500!:-D

Original Poster

thanks for the replies, it seems atm dell have just put a stock of the studio 1557 models on with the i7 cpu and some have athe full res 1080 screen and a faster HD, however the cheapest works out £510 and I have heard people suggest not to get the i7 for the 15" model due to overheating so ill be sticking with my order for the mo

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8606448

Waits for the OP to get to the checkout then realises thats not including … Waits for the OP to get to the checkout then realises thats not including VAT and shipping and it nearer £500!:-D

nah the first time i was on the outlet i was thinking how cheap some of them were and quickly got one in my basket, but then was like wtf when I saw the final price, thankfully I kept a keen eye out after that
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions