Outlook Mail Setup Using Virgin BB

Found 30th Jan 2009
I've created a email address from a website for a mate..

[email protected]XXXXX.com

He is using VM as his ISP. The website/email is configured in 1and1.co.uk.

Does anyone know which POP/SMTP settings I need.

cheers in advance

1. Misc
  2. Virgin
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Virgin
6 Comments

The POP address should be whatever 1and1 supplied and the SMTP address should be the Virgin Media address supplied by them.

you may be able to just use:

mail.yourfeindsdomain.com for both of them. but otherwise it is as 4leafed says above

Original Poster

dmccabe;4231712

you may be able to just use:mail.yourfeindsdomain.com for both of them. … you may be able to just use:mail.yourfeindsdomain.com for both of them. but otherwise it is as 4leafed says above

we use

pop.1and1.co.uk
auth.stmp.1and1.co.uk

for ours, even thou we're on SKY ISP.

Disco;4231731

we use pop.1and1.co.ukauth.stmp.1and1.co.ukfor ours, even thou we're on … we use pop.1and1.co.ukauth.stmp.1and1.co.ukfor ours, even thou we're on SKY ISP.

This should work without problem, although I find it's always better to go through your ISP's SMTP rather than the hosted domain. Not all ISP's will allow this, admittedly. AOL will only allow their mail through and nobody elses, but Virgin shouldn't be a problem.

Original Poster

The Therapist;4232600

http://faq.1and1.com/e_mail/setting_up_email_clients_like_ms_outlook_outlook_express_and_netscape_mail_/23.html

thanks for that, put it works slighty different if using another ISP iirc
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…49
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1427
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98196
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442

See more discussions