outlook on android

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
Can someone please help? My wifes android phone will not let her access her outlook e-mail account, keeps saying "unfortunately outlook has stopped working". Have deleted cookies,uninstalled and re installed, but no luck. Don't know what else to try. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
Have you tried a different browser
she just uses google . What would you recommend? Thanks.
clanbrasil22/12/2019 21:36

she just uses google . What would you recommend? Thanks.

Try chrome
Try the Android MS-Outlook "app":

[ play.google.com/sto…ook ]

...or use the standard e-mail "app" & set-up IMAP access to the Outlook e-mail account.
Just tried chrome ,same stopped working message. I am baffled, but thanks for replying Arto..
clanbrasil22/12/2019 21:50

Just tried chrome ,same stopped working message. I am baffled, but thanks …Just tried chrome ,same stopped working message. I am baffled, but thanks for replying Arto..

Could be a problem with the phone itself might need to do a factory reset
Well need help, my wife cant do without her e-mail!
now guys don't get nasty. goodwill to all men and all that.
Downloaded app.In set up ,her gmail account is there. When I try to add her outlook account I get the"outlook has stopped working" message. I put her details on to my outlook account and it works fine, just not on her phone.
it could be that outlook app needs a more up to date android version and her phone is too old. is your phone android version newer than her phone?
no hers is a newer version ,android 9 mines 7. was working fine until today. was going to do factory reset but she is afraid of losing a lot of her work stuff.
it does sound like her phone has got its knickers in a twist. normally uninstall and re-install should work for apps that stop working. especially as you say that even accessing outlook via a browser still give the error message.
its got my knickers in a twist now! if it was my phone it would have hit the wall by now lol. googled it and a lot of people seem to have this problem, but cant find a viable solution. thanks for trying but don't want to give you all headaches as well.
clanbrasil22/12/2019 23:40

its got my knickers in a twist now! if it was my phone it would have hit …its got my knickers in a twist now! if it was my phone it would have hit the wall by now lol. googled it and a lot of people seem to have this problem, but cant find a viable solution. thanks for trying but don't want to give you all headaches as well.

then not worth factory reset for just one app. sounds like outlook may have a problem with android 9 as it seems fine on your older version. you can only hope that with time, it will work again but in the mean time it won't until they update the app and get it to work.
Thank you mutley1, have a good Christmas.
Maybe try a different email app? Not sure which ones are good but one that isn't the official Microsoft one
giving up for now. thanks Shrekt.
What phone is it? Had a quick Google and it appears that Samsung S8's had a problem earlier in the year.
Does the app not open at all? Check that the data and time are correct on the phone, preferably use the setting

39471779-QXF5P.jpg
. I don't know for sure that can affect it, but I know it does on a pc as security certificates are out of sync with the pc time .
time and date are ok. I can open the outlook app but only access g-mails cant access outlook live e-mails. how weird is that. Thanks
I had issues last week with outlook app on android / S9. Outlook decided it wanted to stop functioning completely.

I lost both my NTL orphaned email accounts for a day.

This might be worth a try - I force stopped outlook in settings / apps / outlook / storage and deleted cache.

I got one account back up and running but IMAP didn't like my password for the other account.

Another issue i've noticed over the years with outlook on mobile, which I can't explain (it could be memory) is that sometimes Outlook will flip and not play ball - "unfortunately outlook has stopped working" message appears if there are too many emails in sent items. Deleting emails solves this issue.
there were a lot of sent emails, deleted them all now cleared the cache again, did a restart still cant access the live email address. but thanks for the help.
clanbrasil23/12/2019 01:28

there were a lot of sent emails, deleted them all now cleared the cache …there were a lot of sent emails, deleted them all now cleared the cache again, did a restart still cant access the live email address. but thanks for the help.

Are you clearing the app cache or browser cache or both?
both
clanbrasil23/12/2019 02:14

both

My last suggestions would be to perform a soft reset and if that doesn't help, wipe the phones cache partition via recovery mode. It could be a corrupt temp file.
Just factory reset phone. That will fix problem
Uninstall the outlook app.
Go to Settings and look for accounts (depending on phone they will be different) try and find any accounts that contain email and delete the account from there.
Download an app called CCleaner, it will find data from deleted apps and can clear cache, empty folders etc. scroll through the list after hitting quick clean and select all the stuff you don't need then hit finish cleaning.
Then try reinstalling the app.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions