Outside decking on an uneven floor ?

Posted 30th May
3474645-nZ0gG.jpg3474645-Zel7V.jpgwould this be really hard to do ? was thinking I could get rid of the steps and then have decking all around this area and Infront of the conservatory where we have just put down some slabs at the moment. the floor is higher where the house is though, so it would all need to be at that level.

is this the kind of job that would be a lot better done by a professional? how much do you think this kind of thing would cost ?

I'm in Newcastle if anyone does that kind of work locally and could provide a quote
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Have a look at this guide to see if it's something that you'd feel comfortable doing yourself.

wickes.co.uk/how…eck
Just leave the steps and slabs in place and build a deck over them. You will obviously need a framework under the decking which will raise it off the ground anyway.
be careful of any damp course and you need it to slope slightly away from the property
666FU30/05/2020 12:34

Just leave the steps and slabs in place and build a deck over them. You …Just leave the steps and slabs in place and build a deck over them. You will obviously need a framework under the decking which will raise it off the ground anyway.

Exactly what I’d suggest. You’d simply pack up the joists so it’s all even
I made a timber deck in a very similar situation to your picture. I am a fairly basic DIYer with no training. It is heavy work, but if you can cut a bit of wood reasonable well it isn't that hard. Planning is all important before you order your wood. Try to keep it simple with as few cuts as possible. I put the support timbers on a DPC membrane but luckily had a natural slope for drainage. I built the sub structure in easily manageable squares and bolted them together. Best tip is to have a quality electric drill/driver and buy quality screws and screw bits. If I did it again I would use a non slip deck plank as it was lethally slippery in winter.
I built a frame under my decking and cut a 3x3 fence post to make legs under the frame for the lowest parts to make it level. Like this but not anywhere near this extreme, my legs were about 4 - 5 inches.

valk1955.weebly.com/bui…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text