Groups

over 30s?? This will bring back some memories!

Link in first post.

Anything missing from this video that you remember from your childhood?

Add a pic in this thread!

20 Comments

jayjayuk1234

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEWtNaW6KE

Teletexting X) , of course I don't remember any of those mentioned

I'm just over 30, and I feel a little young for a lot of these things. It's a pretty broad range of years.

Brought back lots of memories

What about Old Jamaica, Mint Cracknel and Ice Breaker chocolate? The Clangers, Bagpuss and Mary, Mungo and Midge tv shows, also Mr Ben, Topcat, and Belle and Sebastian. Theme songs from Happy Days, Follyfoot and White Horses. Twister, Kerplunk and clacking balls on cords. Kali sherbet sugar, Spangles and Opal Fruits. Arcade space invaders, fishing for tiddlers (and putting them in glass jars with string for a handle), scrumping, Pez dispensers, Trim phones, the Ford Capri..............

Original Poster

Bargainhuntersupreme

What about Old Jamaica, Mint Cracknel and Ice Breaker chocolate? The … What about Old Jamaica, Mint Cracknel and Ice Breaker chocolate? The Clangers, Bagpuss and Mary, Mungo and Midge tv shows, also Mr Ben, Topcat, and Belle and Sebastian. Theme songs from Happy Days, Follyfoot and White Horses. Twister, Kerplunk and clacking balls on cords. Kali sherbet sugar, Spangles and Opal Fruits. Arcade space invaders, fishing for tiddlers (and putting them in glass jars with string for a handle), scrumping, Pez dispensers, Trim phones, the Ford Capri..............

A few of those were there...... topcat, spangles and maybe more

How about I still have my first "mobile" phone.oO
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5190/5621240253_8f47bb10ff_z.jpg

donaldduck2

How about I still have my first "mobile" phone.oO

That's great, it still has it's own charger too

Banned

the 80s sucked.

90s FTW

I love the 80's!!!

class that remember most of them things

first mobile phone owned

http://i58.tinypic.com/oi6es8.jpg

We got to see the original and best versions of robocop, die hard, star wars, star trek, alien, predator, the thing, tron, total recall and terminator at the cinema
    Edited by: "lumsdot" 24th Jun 2014

When I was younger my Grandma used to rub lard into my Grandpa's back when he was ill.

He went down hill fast after that..

Unfortunately this is missing from my childhood

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Lumpensammler.jpg/180px-Lumpensammler.jpg

maccy1

Teletexting X) , of course I don't remember any of those mentioned

I still use teletext to check the lottery numbers & the local news. Find it quicker & easier than going online

john2020md

When I was younger my Grandma used to rub lard into my Grandpa's back … When I was younger my Grandma used to rub lard into my Grandpa's back when he was ill. He went down hill fast after that..

I got a peanut stuck in my ear when I was a kid. My Mum poured some chocolate in, and it came out a Treet.

Spango

I got a peanut stuck in my ear when I was a kid. My Mum poured some … I got a peanut stuck in my ear when I was a kid. My Mum poured some chocolate in, and it came out a Treet.

What about Pacers, both with and without the green stripes, smax from the vending machine at the swimming baths, spira choccy bars, glass pop bottles with a 10p deposit, the original now that's what I call music (1983), two films at the cinema, rated AA or X, Not 15 and 18. Television which stopped during the day....finishing with the national anthem.....ooh better stop now.

I'm under 30 & lots of memories from that!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553805
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1901355
      3. Feels weird!511
      4. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)66

See more discussions