Groups

Over 55's Property Question..

Does anyone know the legality of this metaphorical situation?

If, we used my mother in law to purchase a property at a reduced price for the over 55's.

Is she still able to rent said property out to anyone she chooses?

Thanks for the info on T&C's but is there any further information?

8 Comments

check the terms and conditions for this kind of stuff haven't heard of this incentive before

Likely to depend on the t&c for the scheme that offers the reduced rate & the restrictions in the lease / deeds.

Depends on the terms and conditions of the deal

would doubt it but as above check the t&C, ask solicitors rather than sales people though.

Remember that if your mother in law buys a property to rent it out to you, she'll be liable for a higher rate of stamp duty on the purchase price - make sure you factor that in when calculating the savings.

Likely to be a "covenant" on the property which prevents renting to anyone younger - but it could prove very interesting should someone younger than 55 claim in a test case that such a covenant is age discriminatory.

' If, we used my mother in law to purchase a property .......'
    Wow, a bargain....you got a link?:D

Are you talking about ones that they take back after your death? If so then possibly, depending what it says in the lease.

Would you make a profit from such a property? I cant see much profit in doing this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv1228
      2. Music download79
      3. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1416

See more discussions