Expired

Over 60's discounts and benefits!

8 replies
Found 29th Jun 2007
Mum has just turned 60 and I promised I would find out what benefits are out there.

So far she has got a bus pass, and a Focus DIY 10% discount card, not very exciting is it?

Anyone got any other suggestions to help my mum come to terms with being 60? She swears she feels 16 at heart!!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

b&q discount card

cheap haircuts

a helping hand across the road

Original Poster

SpecialK

a helping hand across the road

Cheeky!!!

Catrina

Mum has just turned 60 and I promised I would find out what benefits are … Mum has just turned 60 and I promised I would find out what benefits are out there.So far she has got a bus pass, and a Focus DIY 10% discount card, not very exciting is it?Anyone got any other suggestions to help my mum come to terms with being 60? She swears she feels 16 at heart!!

free prescriptions and eye test :whistling:

Possibly the best one is Boots. You get 10% reduction on any Boots own products from medicines to electricals to make up. You fill in a form and your Advantage card is updated.

Wyvedale garden centres gives 10% on Tuesdays

You can buy a rail card that gives you a third off fares

fish and chips

hana21

fish and chips

Yes but the portions you get are smaller.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your tips, they have been passed on. Mum has also got a free bus pass to use around Manchester, however she has been told that next year it will be spread for use throughout the country.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway23
    2. disneyland paris tickets44
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed433
    4. Amazon deliveries36

See more discussions