Groups
    EXPIRED

Over-ear noise cancelling headphones for around £100?

Any recommendations, over-ear noise-cancelling, for planes? I know the QC25 is good, but £200+ so not for me.

Around £100?

11 Comments

You will not get any decent proper noise cancelling ones that use a microphone to cancel the noise out for £100.
    Be careful, some call them noise cancelling just because of the coverage of the ear.

Goldring NS1000 was a popular recommendation here a few years ago. Not sure whether anything better has come along since.

I haven't any personal experience of them but these look good for the money:

amazon.co.uk/Cav…X58

I have a pair of the goldrings......never use them now as I have gone Bluetooth, but can vouch for how good they are......sell them to you if you like.....very good condition.....pm me :0)

I also have the Goldrings and used them a lot before replacing them with Sony MDR-NC500D (which are awesome). One advantage of the Godrings is that they work in non-cancelling mode without battery power. But on the negative side there are many dud pairs out there (since Play.com shipped a lot of faulty units, I seem to remember this may have been down to the bundled cable and not the headset itself) and also my set has a loose connection meaning that one of the stereo channels comes and goes - so build quality is not bullet-proof.

any decent neckband in-ear phones please?
    ..after a decent cheap pair for sports
    thanks

gr8t1

You will not get any decent proper noise cancelling ones that use a … You will not get any decent proper noise cancelling ones that use a microphone to cancel the noise out for £100.Be careful, some call them noise cancelling just because of the coverage of the ear.

I disagree. You just need to shop wisely. I got Sony's MDR-NC500D for less than 100 quid. RRP over double that, you just have to know where to look. As an example, the Ferrari ones I posted a link to seem OK and have a much higher RRP.

Original Poster

Well finally I purichased these amazon.co.uk/7da…FY/

But from 7dayshop directly, because it's cheaper.

I'm not sure that they use microphones for noise cancelling, but I believe plane noise is relatively easy to cancel as it's predictable frequencies.

A lot of bad reviews. Id be interested to know what you think of them when you've tried them

Original Poster

4.5* is pretty good average. I have some Sennheiser PXC150s for comparison, which noise cancel quite effectively, but these are for my wife who prefers over-ear, rather than on-ear.

dudedude

Well finally I purichased these … Well finally I purichased these http://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-Active-Cancelling-Headphones-Aeroplane/dp/B00AXVURFY/But from 7dayshop directly, because it's cheaper.I'm not sure that they use microphones for noise cancelling, but I believe plane noise is relatively easy to cancel as it's predictable frequencies.

They look like NS1000 anyway - probably exactly the same!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …22
      2. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).22
      3. Private Number Plate22
      4. Switching from Apple to Andriod - Any advice?2643

See more discussions