Overcooked, what a fab family game

Found 23rd Jul
Just played this fabulously entertaining game today.me and all my kids. Really enjoyed it. Best multiplayer game ever.Does anyone know when part 2 is being released
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Never heard of it... but looked it up just now, and reckon we could enjoy this as a family. Thanks for sharing.
It's frustrating that more and more multiplayer games are online focused with little or no local games, when my younger brother is home for Christmas I look for co-op games we can play and Overcooked is a brilliant game. Each individual action is very simple, just press a button to take a vegetable out of the box, same button to chop it, put it in the pan, serve it, clean it etc. and instead the challenge comes from co-ordinating all these simple activities.

It's also clever in how it continuously varies the levels by adding more complex meals and clever variations on the kitchens. I'm looking forward to the new one.
The Game Collection have the second one for preorder for £16.75 if anyone's interested.
I am available for parties,bar mitzvahs......
34467217-zCG6L.jpg oh right enjoy your game....
Wongy11010 m ago

I am available for parties,bar mitzvahs......[Image] oh right enjoy your …I am available for parties,bar mitzvahs......[Image] oh right enjoy your game....

You were in Mrs Radcliffe's home economics class too, I see.
miikeyblue2 m ago

You were in Mrs Radcliffe's home economics class too, I see.

It was great you could poison all your best enemies at lunch time.
It is a great game but we can't play it without shouting at each other not even looking at part 2 as we're so bad at coordinating we have so many levels to unlock still and the better players refuse to play as the younger ones can't follow instructions be prepared for arguments this game will either make or break your family
Yea, picked it up this morning.

Kids now hate each other.

Wife refuses to talk to me, and is never playing again.

Major success
miikeyblue5 h, 47 m ago

Yea, picked it up this morning.Kids now hate each other.Wife refuses to …Yea, picked it up this morning.Kids now hate each other.Wife refuses to talk to me, and is never playing again.Major success

Must be so nice and quiet in your house right now
adhkarzf48 s ago

Must be so nice and quiet in your house right now

Dunno, I'm at work. Safer here I reckon.
We play overcooked every night in our house, except when we eat out instead.
adhkarzf24th Jul

It is a great game but we can't play it without shouting at each other …It is a great game but we can't play it without shouting at each other not even looking at part 2 as we're so bad at coordinating we have so many levels to unlock still and the better players refuse to play as the younger ones can't follow instructions be prepared for arguments this game will either make or break your family

My brother was not impressed with the amount of times I slipped over the edge on the icy level with a completed meal.

Keep talking and no-one explodes is another fun one which is a bit different, I've only done it with VR but think it could be workable on a TV by making sure the people giving the instructions couldn't see the TV. Similarly my brother was not impressed at my speed in giving him the solutions and for one puzzle could solve it quicker himself.
Johnmcl724 m ago

My brother was not impressed with the amount of times I slipped over the …My brother was not impressed with the amount of times I slipped over the edge on the icy level with a completed meal.Keep talking and no-one explodes is another fun one which is a bit different, I've only done it with VR but think it could be workable on a TV by making sure the people giving the instructions couldn't see the TV. Similarly my brother was not impressed at my speed in giving him the solutions and for one puzzle could solve it quicker himself.

My nephew was telling me about that one still gotta try it
adhkarzf6 m ago

My nephew was telling me about that one still gotta try it

I would strongly recommend it as it's really cleverly done, I bought it on release as I liked the sound of it but then didn't play it for ages until I was looking for a good co-op game. The difficulty is well structured so it offers variety and a gradually increasing challenge but there's a lot of replay value as the people can swap round roles and you develop your own phrases and descriptions to work through the defusals. Even when you're panicking and it all goes horribly wrong it still feels fun rather than annoying and you just want to get back into it to try again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants