Groups

Own up, who's a hoarder?

I must admit I am, i find it difficult to throw anything away, one of those "it'll come in handy one day" and a lot of the time it does, eventually.

My worst hoarding is probably boxes, i keep boxes for everything, PVR, DVD, Computer, Mobo, Graphics, Camera, Console, everything. All helps the resale value.

19 Comments

Me. Its a curse. Need help . . . .

my bedroom is a warehouse . . . loft full of comp boxees and dozens of wires, phone boxes, mp3's . ,

freecycle:thumbsup:

alnbowes;3690053

freecycle:thumbsup:

i need 'em!:whistling:

rugger-tyke;3690009

my bedroom is a warehouse . . . loft full of comp boxees and dozens of … my bedroom is a warehouse . . . loft full of comp boxees and dozens of wires, phone boxes, mp3's . ,

yep me too - but sold a load of mp3s here :-D

EliTom

yes always keep the boxes in case they need to be returned under warranty or for resale to improve the value

Once a year or so I check if I still have the item then bin the box if I don't

oh and cables and plug in PSUs - don't go there

EliTom

Original Poster

Argh, don't tell me about wires and cables, I've got millions of the bleeders, both plugged into various things and some in a big box as well. Can never find a kettle lead or figure of 8 power lead though, the useful ones, they seem to go missing!

I think all men are the same, I keep meaning to have a clear out but when it comes to it I just don't have the heart to throw anything away as one day I know i'll need it lol

Original Poster

RedIron;3690139

I think all men are the same

My Mum and Nan are terrible, anything not used for 5 mins goes in the bin, charity shop or car boot sale. I remember i had a car boot and they were sneaking books into the bin because "they were a bit tatty!" I left some stuff at home when i came to uni and it's all gone missing! And i don't know about you lot, but i always get an "I never touched it" and then later when they are sussed out, an "Ohhh that"

MikeBeaver...

incidentaly I thought this was initially, a group for ex prostitues who used to hang out together

RedIron;3690139

I think all men are the same, I keep meaning to have a clear out but when … I think all men are the same, I keep meaning to have a clear out but when it comes to it I just don't have the heart to throw anything away as one day I know i'll need it lol

that's why women were created ;-)

peodude;3690195

My Mum and Nan are terrible, anything not used for 5 mins goes in the … My Mum and Nan are terrible, anything not used for 5 mins goes in the bin, charity shop or car boot sale. I remember i had a car boot and they were sneaking books into the bin because "they were a bit tatty!" I left some stuff at home when i came to uni and it's all gone missing! And i don't know about you lot, but i always get an "I never touched it" and then later when they are sussed out, an "Ohhh that"

+1.............................:whistling:

alnbowes;3690306

incidentaly I thought this was initially, a group for ex prostitues who … incidentaly I thought this was initially, a group for ex prostitues who used to hang out together

were you one ?:w00t:

yeah , I was waiting for the Ex Hoarders thread though tbh:whistling:

If it ain't used for longer than a day, in the bin it goes!

Just spent the last 3 hours sorting out all the cupboards and spare room. Just ended up moving it to the garden in a huge "for the dump" pile, which will probably be there till next month.

I keep all my boxes for things too, just in case i sell it or need to store it in the loft.

OH has a habit of keeping spare monitors, keyboards, network cables and random PC bits just in case he needs to build a few PC's in an emergency! Drives me mad!

Ive always been one for keeping loads of **** however I am getting better. I like others used to keep the boxes for things incase of sending it back or selling it on, but soon realised I wont sell it on, and if it breaks I'll just send it back in whatever I have to hand so I stopped keeping them.

Ive still got loads of **** though... wires and computer parts are the worst.

I love my junk!

i hoard too:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31151
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764288
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846196
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917264

See more discussions