Groups
    EXPIRED

Oyster card refund/fund freeze

Hey peeps,

I buy monthly oyster cards which gives me zone 1-6 train and tube travel for work, which i use every day. I've just found out though that i will be working off site for a month so will only be in london one day during the working week. I've just renewed my oyster card last week and it costs over £180. Does anyone know if i can get a refund or have the card funds 'frozen' so that i can use it when i'm back. Otherwise i've lost quite a bit of pocket change!

Cheers

3 Comments

Oyster cards don't run out, the money stays on it until you use it, I've had mine for over a year and only use it now and again.

Original Poster

chas76;6718641

Oyster cards don't run out, the money stays on it until you use it, I've … Oyster cards don't run out, the money stays on it until you use it, I've had mine for over a year and only use it now and again.

That's usually the case, but i have a monthly card where i pay a one off payment (£180) and i can travel anywhere in zone 1-6 for that month. It is time restricted rather than having money subtracted each time you use it.

Original Poster

mumbojumbo;6718786

Have you registered the card online? I think there are options to change … Have you registered the card online? I think there are options to change your travelcard renewals there? :thinking: But it's a while since I used it, so could be wrong.

Cool, didn't realise you could manage it online, cheers. I just registered it, but it looks like i could only get a refund if it's lost or stolen. Annoying. Thanks again though

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
    2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
    3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
    4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions