Groups

P45

Does anyone know what happens if you do not have a p45?
    I have not seen mine for a few years and when i signed on they required a p45 but i did not have one. I visited my local tax office and they gave me another form but i cnnot remember what it is!

Is there anyway around this as i need to take it on my first day of work!

Thanks

14 Comments

Banned

(deleted - talking crap again)

It doesn't matter it just takes longer to sort your tax out but you get it back in the end

Original Poster

I just had an email from my employer telling me i must bring my p45 or equivalent?
    I dont have a p45 or an equivalent!

vibeone;5704617

(deleted - talking crap again)

Good stealth delete :lol: :thumbsup:

No one saw . . . . or did they? . . . . . . .

no you dont need it bb - make sure company fill in a p46 when you actually start - otherwise you will be put on emergency tax

or ring tax office yourself - should get it sorted then for your first payday

good luck:thumbsup:

brettytopbanana;5704642

I just had an email from my employer telling me i must bring my p45 or … I just had an email from my employer telling me i must bring my p45 or equivalent?I dont have a p45 or an equivalent!

Request a copy from you previous employer?

Banned

mbgringo;5704652

Good stealth delete :lol: :thumbsup:No one saw . . . . or did they? . . . … Good stealth delete :lol: :thumbsup:No one saw . . . . or did they? . . . . . . .

hehehehe

Banned

youll get 1 from the job centre when you sign off

its called a p46 your new emplyer should have one.

carly1234;5704862

Banned

carly1234;5704862

p46 is what u fill in if you dont have p45

as far as i was aware....maybe im wrong tho

casparwhite;5704891

p46 is what u fill in if you dont have p45as far as i was aware....maybe … p46 is what u fill in if you dont have p45as far as i was aware....maybe im wrong tho

yeah the op said he doesnt have his p45 so he can fill out a p46

Banned

Completing a P46 if you've lost your P45

If you've lost your P45, you won't be able to get a replacement. Your new employer will give you a form P46 to complete so that HMRC can give you a code number for your new employment.

a p45 is really only of use if you use it in the current year it was issued (april to march) if you do not have one for the current year then you need to complete a p46
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3291171
      2. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1326
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1525
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764587

See more discussions