Groups

PAC Code question

I am coming to the end of my Orange contract. I have seen another Orange offer on DialaPhone which I want - if renewals/retentions won't renew matching that contract - is it possible to request my PAC code in order to transfer to a new Orange contract?

Or can I just order a new contract and transfer my number over without messing with PAC codes, etc.

Hopefully I won't have to really faff about transferring my number away from Orange to PAYG elsewhere and back in again?

2 Comments

Pac codes are only for moving from network to another, they don't work on the same network.

What you want to do is called a 'backdoor upgrade' (getting a new customer deal while being an existing customer. The networks don't like you doing this (at all).

The way round it is to get your pac, move to another networks payg, start your new contract and then get the pac for the payg and port back in. Job done.

Original Poster

steve1221

Pac codes are only for moving from network to another, they don't work on … Pac codes are only for moving from network to another, they don't work on the same network.What you want to do is called a 'backdoor upgrade' (getting a new customer deal while being an existing customer. The networks don't like you doing this (at all).The way round it is to get your pac, move to another networks payg, start your new contract and then get the pac for the payg and port back in. Job done.

Thought that may be the case, cheers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions