Groups

Pac code use on temp number

Got a new SIM from a new provider where I plan to switch.
    want to switch the number from current network.

how many days do I have before I can port the number?
    (I am not asking about pac code validity)

how long is the new number a temporary one, before I can port my old number to it?

6 Comments

Hi

it takes a maximum of 48 hours from the time you request the number to be transferred. It usually is 24 hours. Also its a simultaneous transfer so you won't be without service for too long. Once both numbers disconnect, switch them both off and after about half an hour switch your new provider phone back on. If its connected it'll have your number if its not connected then switch back off and try again after another half hour. Keep doing this until service resumes on your new sim.

Ps. You don't have to have your new number for any particular length of time before you can request a number port to it

Hope that helps
    Edited by: "hana3164" 1st Sep 2016

Original Poster

hana3164

Hiit takes a maximum of 48 hours from the time you request the number to … Hiit takes a maximum of 48 hours from the time you request the number to be transferred. It usually is 24 hours. Also its a simultaneous transfer so you won't be without service for too long. Once both numbers disconnect, switch them both off and after about half an hour switch your new provider phone back on. If its connected it'll have your number if its not connected then switch back off and try again after another half hour. Keep doing this until service resumes on your new sim.Ps. You don't have to have your new number for any particular length of time before you can request a number port to itHope that helps

Thanks, but my question is the opposite.

I have got the new number. Can I try it for say 6 months, and then port the old SIM number to it?

is there any "maximum" time period before I have to port the number?

slaha11

Thanks, but my question is the opposite.I have got the new number. Can I … Thanks, but my question is the opposite.I have got the new number. Can I try it for say 6 months, and then port the old SIM number to it? is there any "maximum" time period before I have to port the number?

Depends on the network some have no timescale to bring your number accross and some have a time scale.. What network are you with ?

Original Poster

planning to switch from giffgaff to 3, both PAYG SIM Only.

Minimal use, so thinking 3p calls on 3 will save some money.

You would need to keep your gifgaf active until you decide to take the number over to 3 and best to check with 3 I don't think they have a timescale but could be wrong. Pop into a store if your out and about and just ask the question. How much do you didn't monthly on gifgaf there may be cheaper options available.

Original Poster

spending 7.50 pm on goody bag. But max 50-60 mins call is used.
    the giffgaff data speed is also bad. when switched to 3G, at times the phone is even unreachable,even in London!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions