Package holiday, but everyone pays separate?

Found 11th Jul
Im looking for any services / holiday providers that let groups of people book a holiday together, but lets everyone pay separately preferably through an online account.

Not sure if such a thing exists or not and trying to get it organised has been a nightmare.

were looking at 10 - 15 people currently and it will be within the EU but outside of the UK.

The reason for needing it is that no one person wants to put a potential 10k holiday package on their head for fear others may drop out in the future and they will be stuck with it.

So we need something that lets everyone pay themselves, and if its not paid by a certain date, they lose their place and probably any money already in the pot

Thanks for reading
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Jet2 do a online account once booked.
You just give the booking reference to the other parties and they can log in and pay their amounts.
Edit...
I should have have hit read more I didn't see the bottom bit.
I have a direct email for the woman who did our Jet2 holiday , she's really helpful you could ask her.
Edited by: "stefromuk" 11th Jul
We had a problem a couple of years ago, 6 of us booked 2 rooms, 3 in each, 2 people dropped out of 1 room and we all had to throw in to keep the room on. Got to be careful booking because the travel agents chase up the person who booked it for the money. I know TUI have little slips that you can take that shows who’s payed what, but it will still be down to the original booker when chasing payment. The best way for us in future is to book each room with a different person. So if you’ve got 12 people book 3 rooms and each room in a different name.

2 of the 6 people I went with are close friends, the other 3 were friends of friends so we let them book their own room in their name incase we had a problem getting payment off them.
^^^ I was just going to say something similar, jet 2 will allocate an advisor for a group booking and you can call them if you have any doubts . jet2holidays.com/gro…iry
When you say you need something that will make someone lose their place if they haven’t paid in time, the rest of you will still have to pay that. If you book a room for 4 people at £1000 and 1 of you drops out then you’ll have to divide the £1000 between the 3. Still needs paying even if they drop out.
You will not find this, Just because you don't pay up front doesn't mean the company who made the bookings with the Hotel, etc don't. So whatever happens you book for 10 people you have pay for 10 people even of 9 of you dropped out.

Having done similar before the only option is to get all monies up front from people.
yeah this is the situation i am trying to avoid, i need something where everyone is responsible for their share even if they drop out. so that payment is chased up per person not per group, we don't mind paying a premium for a service that offers this.

No one person wants the financial responsibility of the others.
If you don’t have trust in them then you definitely should not be booking for them.
Best thing is to book individually. Find out if they have have enough rooms etc. And all of you book on the same day/ time if possible. People who are interested will book at the same day. Others will dither. You will get one or two who will book a few days or even last minute but that’s what happens.
Edited by: "sydney871" 11th Jul
We just got everyone to send the cash to one person and nothing was booked until it was done with the understanding it's booked and paid for, if they drop out they lose their place and money, easier with 5 people than 10-15 though.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 11th Jul
Either book separately or with a few of you sharing rooms etc. Go the old route & visit a travel store. Or just ask for money upfront to book & if they don’t they have to arrange on their own. It can be a massive faff!
The only is to get one person to collect al the funds from everyone else. Start a whatapps group or something that everyone can see and use and update daily so everyone knows whose paid and who hasn't. Set a date for when all the money has to be in, if it's not then everyone else will know who to blame. You'll know then who really wants to go. . .
michaeljb7 h, 22 m ago

yeah this is the situation i am trying to avoid, i need something where …yeah this is the situation i am trying to avoid, i need something where everyone is responsible for their share even if they drop out. so that payment is chased up per person not per group, we don't mind paying a premium for a service that offers this.No one person wants the financial responsibility of the others.

But what happens if that one person doesn't end up paying, what are you expecting will happen then?
michaeljb19 h, 16 m ago

yeah this is the situation i am trying to avoid, i need something where …yeah this is the situation i am trying to avoid, i need something where everyone is responsible for their share even if they drop out. so that payment is chased up per person not per group, we don't mind paying a premium for a service that offers this.No one person wants the financial responsibility of the others.

Just get all the money up front before booking
Thanks for the feedback, i thought it was a long shot to begin with, guess i'll just have to get the money upfront. Cheers
PayPal money pool?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions