Package renewal

Found 28th Nov 2017
Every year I play sky vs virgin when my contract ends.
This year I registered with sky and waited for virgin to call.
I was paying £85 a month for broadband (200mbps), full house tv and anytime calls.
This has gone down to £29 for same services and I have had movies added.
Not everybody haggles or plays companies off against each other, but if your bills are getting too high it’s worth a shot!!!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted265520
Thanks for the update. This hasn't been mentioned before on this website.
deeky2 h, 8 m ago

You only do it if you are prepared to follow it up and actually move. …You only do it if you are prepared to follow it up and actually move. Unless you don't mind looking like a nob when Virgin don't call you and you have to call them back and grovel, saying I'm sorry, I don't really want to leave you. I'm with Virgin now because Sky either didn't believe, or didn't care, about my threats to leave.

Just put on a fake moustache when you call them, it will make you look like a new customer.
16 Comments
nice work.
deleted265520
Thanks for the update. This hasn't been mentioned before on this website.
I have never been offered a retention deal as low as that.
At what stage was this offered and was there any haggling done beforehand?
Is the £29 with virgin or sky ?
Destard31 m ago

I have never been offered a retention deal as low as that.At what stage …I have never been offered a retention deal as low as that.At what stage was this offered and was there any haggling done beforehand?

Outbound sales team only phone after you cancel current provider. Whole process can take 2/3 days.
gav21261 h, 26 m ago

Outbound sales team only phone after you cancel current provider. Whole …Outbound sales team only phone after you cancel current provider. Whole process can take 2/3 days.

Hmmm sounds a bit risky playing a game of brinkmanship like that.
Well done on getting such a decent deal, but not sure I'd have the courage to actually go ahead and cancel in the hopes of an 11th hour offer.
I stayed with virgin
You ring the competition and start a package as a new customer, you automatically have a 7 day cooling off period.
Ring your current provider to cancel, they ask why, you explain, cheaper better package etc etc.
Your current provider will either beat it there and then, or, like in my case, the outbound sales team will ring within 24hours and beat any offer you have been given.
Then ring the competition and cancel your new order. Easy!!!
Existing customers are not rewarded for loyalty, only new customers.
Destard21 m ago

Hmmm sounds a bit risky playing a game of brinkmanship like that.Well done …Hmmm sounds a bit risky playing a game of brinkmanship like that.Well done on getting such a decent deal, but not sure I'd have the courage to actually go ahead and cancel in the hopes of an 11th hour offer.

You only do it if you are prepared to follow it up and actually move. Unless you don't mind looking like a nob when Virgin don't call you and you have to call them back and grovel, saying I'm sorry, I don't really want to leave you.

I'm with Virgin now because Sky either didn't believe, or didn't care, about my threats to leave.
If you transfer your existing phone number over, the two companies know about your intention to move. I’ve been doing this every time my contract is due to expire, and have never had a problem
Make sure you're recording the telephone conversation, or get it put in writing, as you'll have problems when they carry on charging you £85 a month!
deeky2 h, 8 m ago

You only do it if you are prepared to follow it up and actually move. …You only do it if you are prepared to follow it up and actually move. Unless you don't mind looking like a nob when Virgin don't call you and you have to call them back and grovel, saying I'm sorry, I don't really want to leave you. I'm with Virgin now because Sky either didn't believe, or didn't care, about my threats to leave.

Just put on a fake moustache when you call them, it will make you look like a new customer.
I'd rather eat my own feet than go back to virgin. Dreadful company. Beginning to think that way about BT as well.
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 41 m ago

I'd rather eat my own feet than go back to virgin. Dreadful company. …I'd rather eat my own feet than go back to virgin. Dreadful company. Beginning to think that way about BT as well.

They all pee in the same pot im afraid. Doesnt matter who you go with, you will get shafted
118luke7 m ago

They all pee in the same pot im afraid. Doesnt matter who you go with, you …They all pee in the same pot im afraid. Doesnt matter who you go with, you will get shafted

I know. I've had tv through sky for ages and only went with bt because it was a new house and they could connect quicker and it was cheaper. Took six months. I am only still with them because I complained so loudly I got a good deal for the next year. Two months to go...
psychobitchfromhell4 h, 18 m ago

I'd rather eat my own feet than go back to virgin. Dreadful company. …I'd rather eat my own feet than go back to virgin. Dreadful company. Beginning to think that way about BT as well.

eeeww, cheesy wotsits
deeky48 m ago

eeeww, cheesy wotsits

They're clean. I had a shower this morning
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants