Groups

packet data connection on n97.....

anyone have any clue what this refers to??

5 Comments

Its a type of network connection. As the name suggests it works by sending and receiving packets of data. I think its mainly used for phone as modem connections.

Original Poster

milesy29;6316390

Its a type of network connection. As the name suggests it works by … Its a type of network connection. As the name suggests it works by sending and receiving packets of data. I think its mainly used for phone as modem connections.

thanks hun...

i presume it must disconnect when i talk voice and reconnect when the voice convo finishes?

If you have a 3G connection then the Voice calls and data packet calls can run side by side I think.

Original Poster

Timbo01;6316835

If you have a 3G connection then the Voice calls and data packet calls … If you have a 3G connection then the Voice calls and data packet calls can run side by side I think.

it is 3G... but it keeps turning on and off...

and the person who chose the phone for me, has an identical one and his does it too?

maybe its a problem with orange?

ClarityofMind;6316827

thanks hun... i presume it must disconnect when i talk voice and … thanks hun... i presume it must disconnect when i talk voice and reconnect when the voice convo finishes?

Packet data connection is basically what your phone uses for any data connection (web browsing, mail etc.), on a Nokia phone it will disconnect the data session during a voice call and then reinitiate it afterwards.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      3. Did you know?2951
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336

See more discussions