Packlink eBay delivery display price error

Posted 16th FebEdited by:"jco83"
Listed an item on eBay last night, looked through all the delivery options, Small Parcel under 2kg is what I needed, value ~£60, there's one for £5.70 which is 1 day delivery and upto £60 compensation, so I selected that one for my listing (buyer pays).
Listing sells. Go through to purchase the delivery ...... duh, duH, dUH, DUH! (Zelda chest opening sound effect) .. and Lo & Behold ! .. That service/price DOES NOT EXIST *gasp* WTF right?!
The small parcel 1 day £5.70 service is upto £25 compensation, with an optional extra charge for full value cover (~£2).
There are 2 other services which do include upto £60 compensation which are priced £7 and £7.19. Get wrecked eBay / Packlink Sort your out

Go see for yourself - go start to list an item and go to the delivery options - Packlink; small parcel; upto 2kg; 1 day delivery; compensation upto £60; £5.70 . But when your item sells IT DOESN'T EXIST

I'm sure I'll get over it soon
Community Updates
21 Comments
£60 compensation by default is UPS, £25 compensation might be a different courier? It's odd. I stopped using eBay shipping when they moved to Packlink from Shutl so it's been a while for me!
I think the prices there have been wrong for a while. Royal mail small parcel used to be £2.80 but has gone up to £3 ages ago but was never updated so ebay just guesses. You can adjust the price when listing an item though
jamie1516/02/2020 13:09

£60 compensation by default is UPS, £25 compensation might be a different c …£60 compensation by default is UPS, £25 compensation might be a different courier? It's odd. I stopped using eBay shipping when they moved to Packlink from Shutl so it's been a while for me!

Ah thanks, so eBay don't own Packlink ?
£60 compensation was UPS and also DPD, which were both priced ~£7. This £5.70 option was Hermes. eBay (or Packlink? who's to blame?) show the £5.70 delivery option at the eBay listing stage and it states upto £60 compensation, then it turns out to be £25. They didn't offer me any helpful resolution other than to choose one of the other options Great service NOT
nadhaw16/02/2020 13:11

I think the prices there have been wrong for a while. Royal mail small …I think the prices there have been wrong for a while. Royal mail small parcel used to be £2.80 but has gone up to £3 ages ago but was never updated so ebay just guesses. You can adjust the price when listing an item though

Well that seems
The least they could do is display the correct delivery prices for sellers surely
I mean their business model is a selling platform isn't it
Beggars belief
jco8316/02/2020 13:17

Ah thanks, so eBay don't own Packlink ? £60 compensation was UPS and also …Ah thanks, so eBay don't own Packlink ? £60 compensation was UPS and also DPD, which were both priced ~£7. This £5.70 option was Hermes. eBay (or Packlink? who's to blame?) show the £5.70 delivery option at the eBay listing stage and it states upto £60 compensation, then it turns out to be £25. They didn't offer me any helpful resolution other than to choose one of the other options Great service NOT

Not sure about ownership but unsurprised about customer service as I've only heard bad things. Shutl CS were really good, shame they switched.
If you do it through Royal Mail Online only that parcel should cost £5.10 I think with £100 compensation. That's tracked 48 service.
Edit: It's Royal Mail Click and Drop
Edited by: "pirate1" 16th Feb
I used to use HERMES direct for ebay a lot, but switched to whatever was before Packlink, shuttle express I think it was called.

I really found the label printing at the drop of point convenient, and the system worked fine when was the Shuttle service. Then ebay closed that down and switched to Packlink which I also signed up for and I have found the Packlink service to be not as good.

While the free label printing with Packlink is still convenient, I find their system to be very limited and clunky. Some examples being if you accidently forget to tick the label box, you can't then later edit it. You have to go through a crappy process of claiming a refund and create a new shipping order, which confuses the ebay order tracking system and buyer. I find it easier just to email the label to my work and print it there, but it causes a 2 day delay really.

If you need to check packlink orders, its very clumsy and awkward, you have to manually cross reference the invoicing with the dates/ebay item numbers and shipping ref etc. The packlink system provides no info about any order, and its becomes tedious when you need to check anything if you have been selling a fair bit. Even when you order a label, you get a confirmation with the code to print the label, but it does not provide the address on the email, let alone provide any reference to what ebay item/order it is for. That is very poor in my opinion.

Then if you have to contact packlink customer service, that's a right chore and painful. If a parcel goes missing, it becomes long winded and slow. Parcels seem to have gone missing with more frequency for me since doing Packlink, that may however be a coincidence, I don't know.

Overall I give Packlink 5/10. It is fine until something goes wrong, either a technical issue or a missing parcel. The free label printing is the stand out feature really, and is why I am percervering with it for moment, but I am not sure I will see it as the best long term option.
Edited by: "noahsdad" 16th Feb
That's nothing.
The parcel dimensions are not mentioned and after you ship your item, they send an email and charge you for more than allowed parcel dimensions!
...and then when it gets lost/damaged they'll want to see proof of how much the item costs (not the ebay sale price that you insured it to) and pay you that instead.
Charging people for one figure, and paying out on the lower value, with no option to input the correct insurance amount. PPI anyone?
noahsdad16/02/2020 15:18

I used to use HERMES direct for ebay a lot, but switched to whatever was …I used to use HERMES direct for ebay a lot, but switched to whatever was before Packlink, shuttle express I think it was called.I really found the label printing at the drop of point convenient, and the system worked fine when was the Shuttle service. Then ebay closed that down and switched to Packlink which I also signed up for and I have found the Packlink service to be not as good.While the free label printing with Packlink is still convenient, I find their system to be very limited and clunky. Some examples being if you accidently forget to tick the label box, you can't then later edit it. You have to go through a crappy process of claiming a refund and create a new shipping order, which confuses the ebay order tracking system and buyer. I find it easier just to email the label to my work and print it there, but it causes a 2 day delay really.If you need to check packlink orders, its very clumsy and awkward, you have to manually cross reference the invoicing with the dates/ebay item numbers and shipping ref etc. The packlink system provides no info about any order, and its becomes tedious when you need to check anything if you have been selling a fair bit. Even when you order a label, you get a confirmation with the code to print the label, but it does not provide the address on the email, let alone provide any reference to what ebay item/order it is for. That is very poor in my opinion.Then if you have to contact packlink customer service, that's a right chore and painful. If a parcel goes missing, it becomes long winded and slow. Parcels seem to have gone missing with more frequency for me since doing Packlink, that may however be a coincidence, I don't know.Overall I give Packlink 5/10. It is fine until something goes wrong, either a technical issue or a missing parcel. The free label printing is the stand out feature really, and is why I am percervering with it for moment, but I am not sure I will see it as the best long term option.

Are you aware that you can go onto packlink and view a whole table of every item you’ve sold and what service you used to send it and cost etc??? That’s what I do.
ArcadeAssassin16/02/2020 16:43

Are you aware that you can go onto packlink and view a whole table of …Are you aware that you can go onto packlink and view a whole table of every item you’ve sold and what service you used to send it and cost etc??? That’s what I do.

No I'm not. No idea how to. Is it obvious how to do so? (I'm obviously missing a trick or something simple)
noahsdad16/02/2020 17:01

No I'm not. No idea how to. Is it obvious how to do so? (I'm obviously …No I'm not. No idea how to. Is it obvious how to do so? (I'm obviously missing a trick or something simple)

At this address, sign in when prompted and the table will self populate. You can then click individual parcels and cancel them, reprint the etc.

delivery.ebay.co.uk/pri…all

I used to use HERMES direct for ebay a lot, but switched to whatever was …I used to use HERMES direct for ebay a lot, but switched to whatever was before Packlink, shuttle express I think it was called.I really found the label printing at the drop of point convenient, and the system worked fine when was the Shuttle service. Then ebay closed that down and switched to Packlink which I also signed up for and I have found the Packlink service to be not as good.While the free label printing with Packlink is still convenient, I find their system to be very limited and clunky. Some examples being if you accidently forget to tick the label box, you can't then later edit it. You have to go through a crappy process of claiming a refund and create a new shipping order, which confuses the ebay order tracking system and buyer. I find it easier just to email the label to my work and print it there, but it causes a 2 day delay really.If you need to check packlink orders, its very clumsy and awkward, you have to manually cross reference the invoicing with the dates/ebay item numbers and shipping ref etc. The packlink system provides no info about any order, and its becomes tedious when you need to check anything if you have been selling a fair bit. Even when you order a label, you get a confirmation with the code to print the label, but it does not provide the address on the email, let alone provide any reference to what ebay item/order it is for. That is very poor in my opinion.Then if you have to contact packlink customer service, that's a right chore and painful. If a parcel goes missing, it becomes long winded and slow. Parcels seem to have gone missing with more frequency for me since doing Packlink, that may however be a coincidence, I don't know.Overall I give Packlink 5/10. It is fine until something goes wrong, either a technical issue or a missing parcel. The free label printing is the stand out feature really, and is why I am percervering with it for moment, but I am not sure I will see it as the best long term option.

Thankyou I have decided not buy the postage through Packlink, will look into buying direct from courier
zworld16/02/2020 16:24

That's nothing.The parcel dimensions are not mentioned and after you ship …That's nothing.The parcel dimensions are not mentioned and after you ship your item, they send an email and charge you for more than allowed parcel dimensions!

WHAT?!
jco8316/02/2020 17:57

WHAT?!

That may be an android mobile or tablet issue thing? I use a PC and don't have that problem. I find the dimensions and weight limit are displayed fine. If your mainly posting smaller stuff, 16cm and 45cm, and I think the other dimension is 35cm are they key guides, then its if under 1Kg or 2KG.

Sometimes when you order a label you don't get the code on screen, then you have to check your email (usually arrives within 2-10 mins) to get the code. If your posting regularly probably a good idea to have a print out handy of the dimensions/weight restrictions.

I am very careful with this, and always check myself with a tape measure/digital scales. However I have had a couple of additional chargers later on due to incorrect category choice apparently, though I don't believe that to be the case. I never had that problem when using Hermes direct or the pre Packlink service that was Shuttle. So I can only assume this is a Packlink issue ?
ArcadeAssassin16/02/2020 16:43

Are you aware that you can go onto packlink and view a whole table of …Are you aware that you can go onto packlink and view a whole table of every item you’ve sold and what service you used to send it and cost etc??? That’s what I do.

Thanks will have a look at it. Still find the whole system clunky, and its poor the email confirmations have no reference to the ebay orders. Not that anyone is holding a gun to my head and forcing me to use Packlink mind you! Hopefully your tip will help and make life easier
noahsdad16/02/2020 19:27

Thanks will have a look at it. Still find the whole system clunky, and its …Thanks will have a look at it. Still find the whole system clunky, and its poor the email confirmations have no reference to the ebay orders. Not that anyone is holding a gun to my head and forcing me to use Packlink mind you! Hopefully your tip will help and make life easier

Oh don’t get me wrong, its a bag of poo and the whole eBay experience needs a complete overhaul and i found that link purely by mistake. Does make life easier though.

Shutl were excellent, had no problems with them and miss them.

In regards to label printing, not sure on the volume of parcels you ship but Hermes print labels for free for anyone in places with the machine.
Btw, if you do Returns ( let's say you didn't like the item ), don't use eBay's Returns system. You will hit a brickwall where you have to choose the RM option of £3ish or the Packlink option which costs more. This is not ideal for small items like SD cards. Always contact the seller directly and ask for a Returns address.

Make sure to save a copy of the Label and a screenshot of the amount charged. When trying to get a Paypal postage refund, I found it impossible to find these!
Compensation...... waste of money.

Half of the time they exclude most items, or find a way to wriggle out of it,
Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have a Packlink parcel that went missing weeks ago and got lost in transit, the tracking suggesting is at a depot. When I reported it, I got emailed a picture of a warehouse with 100s and 1000s of shelfs and parcels and told I need to allow up to 30 days for them to conduct an investigation as the warehouse is massive.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants