Found 12th Apr
As the bank holiday is getting closer I'm looking at doing a bit of DIY which will include painting the ceiling in the bathroom.

There are many manufactures of paint made specifically for this job, which protect against moisture, steam and mould. I would assume some are better than others. I don't want to be repainting it every few years. So which one does what it says on the tin and gives the best value for money?

11 Comments

I find Dulux Bathroom paint to be decent.

ToolsSearcher123

http://www.superdiy.uk have a large selection. cheap too dulux not as … http://www.superdiy.uk have a large selection. cheap too dulux not as good now

Nice bit of sign up self promotion there (_;)

I use Zinsser perma-white which works well and prevents mould. It's resolved mould issues for me in a bathroom and a built in cupboard.

radium

I use Zinsser perma-white which works well and prevents mould. It's … I use Zinsser perma-white which works well and prevents mould. It's resolved mould issues for me in a bathroom and a built in cupboard.

screwfix.com/p/z…096

Whichever you choose, make sure it is matte finish. Gloss finish accentuates dips and other imperfections on the painted surface.

polycell crack-free ceilings, pure brilliant white matt, covers stains and stops them reappearing.

I used a wickes on make, was Matt finish and resistant to mold etc wasnt expensive

+1 for zinsser permanent white. Stops mould 100%

Dulux bathroom has worked well for me. Painted in 2013 and still looks freshly painted, so I'd recommend. I think it only comes in white though. The thing with bathrooms is to ensure there's good air circulation and ventilation even when showering. Less steam in there the longer paint etc will last.

speedemon

Dulux bathroom has worked well for me. Painted in 2013 and still looks … Dulux bathroom has worked well for me. Painted in 2013 and still looks freshly painted, so I'd recommend. I think it only comes in white though. The thing with bathrooms is to ensure there's good air circulation and ventilation even when showering. Less steam in there the longer paint etc will last.

+1 for Dulux Bathroom painted ours back in 2010 and still fresh like it was on day one It was well worth the extra money

andynicol

I find Dulux Bathroom paint to be decent.

+1 Dulux Bathroom well worth the extra money
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50401
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions