Paint Pads

Found 4th Mar
What are the best paint pads to purchuse? Ive been advised to buy them from poundland but I don't trust them... Anybody got any first hand experience on which would be the best buy and deal... Many Thanks...
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Homebase sell them. Not looked in Poundland but will now. I only use on stick to get behind rads though
Saw some in Home Bargains they look not bad!
Edited by: "OmendataII" 4th Mar
Harris but they aren't cheap. They work though.
Wilko have a range of paint pads which are excellent value for money.
Morrisons always seem to have the Harris sets in pretty cheap...last few times I've bought them from there.
wayners15 h, 26 m ago

Homebase sell them. Not looked in Poundland but will now. I only use on …Homebase sell them. Not looked in Poundland but will now. I only use on stick to get behind rads though

Thank You
OmendataII15 h, 6 m ago

Saw some in Home Bargains they look not bad!

Thank you..
psychobitchfromhell14 h, 58 m ago

Harris but they aren't cheap. They work though.

Thank You ...I heard the harris brand were good..
Thank You..
Uridium6 h, 58 m ago

Morrisons always seem to have the Harris sets in pretty cheap...last few …Morrisons always seem to have the Harris sets in pretty cheap...last few times I've bought them from there.

Thank You...
Bought the harris paint pad set from B&Q, the one with the excess-removing wheel in the paint tub. Absolutely awful- i can't get my head around how to use it without getting spillages all over. That being said i have an old faithful harris paint pad from Asda that i use with a roller tray and it's great.
I get mine from boyes... they are around a £5 (or used to be last time I bought it) it's a 3 or 4 piece kit which also comes in a tray. You can buy extra replacement large pads if you need to for £2 each. These have been great for me but it was about 4 years ago last time I painted
Used a Harris taskmaster a couple of weeks ago.The handle is the weak point.It started to come away after painting one wall.There's not enough of a clamp for it to stay on the pad.It also slides along the back of the pad so i was constantly trying to tap it back into the middle.The Amazon reviews say the same.Oh, and the tray was narrow too for getting the pad into each time. I limped on with mine,but threw it out afterwards.
Edited by: "koppyking" 5th Mar
shepademus5th Mar

Bought the harris paint pad set from B&Q, the one with the excess-removing …Bought the harris paint pad set from B&Q, the one with the excess-removing wheel in the paint tub. Absolutely awful- i can't get my head around how to use it without getting spillages all over. That being said i have an old faithful harris paint pad from Asda that i use with a roller tray and it's great.

Thanks, I went with the harriss pads in the end and they worked out well..
LeahsMintytoutou5th Mar

I get mine from boyes... they are around a £5 (or used to be last time I …I get mine from boyes... they are around a £5 (or used to be last time I bought it) it's a 3 or 4 piece kit which also comes in a tray. You can buy extra replacement large pads if you need to for £2 each. These have been great for me but it was about 4 years ago last time I painted

Thank you..
koppyking5th Mar

Used a Harris taskmaster a couple of weeks ago.The handle is the weak …Used a Harris taskmaster a couple of weeks ago.The handle is the weak point.It started to come away after painting one wall.There's not enough of a clamp for it to stay on the pad.It also slides along the back of the pad so i was constantly trying to tap it back into the middle.The Amazon reviews say the same.Oh, and the tray was narrow too for getting the pad into each time. I limped on with mine,but threw it out afterwards.

Thanks... I might have been lucky with mine ..they worked out fine for me..Although i did find the handle sliding from the pads now and then a bit annoying ..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions