Paint sprayer help please!

Posted 6th Jul
I have an interior wall in my house I’d like to spray rather than paint. I’ve seen the Ginour 400W for £63.00 for fence use (and good reviews) and wondered if I could use it indoors.

Or, if anyone has a good brand for internal use that is around the same price!

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I have no experience in this but surely you would have to cover and mask everywhere. Would it not be easier just to use the old fashioned method !
slippers197706/07/2020 11:07

I have no experience in this but surely you would have to cover and mask …I have no experience in this but surely you would have to cover and mask everywhere. Would it not be easier just to use the old fashioned method !

That’s no problem and not from the videos I’ve seen. It turns a 4-hour job into minutes.
Seen a few American DIY programs, they spray a lot. For one wall it seems a lot of work as you would have to mask and cover everything - the show's I've seen they only spray in empty rooms.
Ringfinger06/07/2020 11:50

Seen a few American DIY programs, they spray a lot. For one wall it …Seen a few American DIY programs, they spray a lot. For one wall it seems a lot of work as you would have to mask and cover everything - the show's I've seen they only spray in empty rooms.

Hm, ok thank you. Perhaps I’ll use the old method! :/
Claya06/07/2020 11:48

That’s no problem and not from the videos I’ve seen. It turns a 4-hour job …That’s no problem and not from the videos I’ve seen. It turns a 4-hour job into minutes.

That’s the problem with a lot of promotional videos, they simply don’t document the time it takes to prepare for spraying. The overspray would get onto every surface that isn’t masked. I’d imagine it would take a long time to mask up and prep the job properly. Then you’d have the same issue all over again when swapping between ceilings and walls etc. It would just be way more hassle than it’s worth.

If it was as easy as the videos, all the pro decorators would be doing it, yet I’ve never seen one use this method. Tells it’s own story...
Great if you want to spray the ceilings and walls white in an empty room.

I worked with a builder who did this in some new build offices and it was very fast to spray v painting.

Not many do it at home though.
Diggsy06/07/2020 13:44

That’s the problem with a lot of promotional videos, they simply don’t doc …That’s the problem with a lot of promotional videos, they simply don’t document the time it takes to prepare for spraying. The overspray would get onto every surface that isn’t masked. I’d imagine it would take a long time to mask up and prep the job properly. Then you’d have the same issue all over again when swapping between ceilings and walls etc. It would just be way more hassle than it’s worth.If it was as easy as the videos, all the pro decorators would be doing it, yet I’ve never seen one use this method. Tells it’s own story...

That’s some good points! Thank you
markvirgo06/07/2020 14:55

Great if you want to spray the ceilings and walls white in an empty room.I …Great if you want to spray the ceilings and walls white in an empty room.I worked with a builder who did this in some new build offices and it was very fast to spray v painting.Not many do it at home though.

It’s a fully furnished room
Claya06/07/2020 21:50

It’s a fully furnished room

At least everything will be colour coordinated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants