Paint which is better

Posted 21st Mar
I am looking at different paints for inside walls,

I don't want too spend too much in the really expensive paints, so looking around have seen wickes own branded paint and mcPhearson paint which seems reasonably priced they both working out at around £20 for 5 litres, this is in coloured paints, which one is better from the 2. I am thinking the mcPhearson will be better as this is made by a small local paint company mixed there and then or won't that matter on the quality seems like quite a few trades people buy from there aswell.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
I find b&q own paint to be decent
For kitchen and bathroom the dulux kitchen and bathroom paint is good and most normally have an offer of 2 x 2.5 for £25
Get the McPherson
I’ve used the Macpherson paint before. Whilst it wasn’t too bad, it splashed everywhere! Far too thin for my liking. Since then I’ve stuck with Crown and had no such issues.
Dulux often on offer and much better than Wickes.
Wilko paint is very good. Wickes is not bad either. I personally avoid the B&Q stuff but see they have changed their branding from the old Colours paint so maybe it's better now?

If you are on a budget Matt will cover better than Silk so you may need less.
Edited by: "paul123edwards" 21st Mar
You're better off with the better ones on the long run, i find you have to do 3 or more cots where you have to do 2 on the top brands. Pay more spend less time on the job. Unless your doing very small areas.
Screwfix has dulux white 10 ltr for £20 might be worth a look at what other paints they do.
I’ve just refurbished and painted a full house , and of all the branded paints I found wilkos is very good and B&Q hoke brand emulsion is brilliant
I used to do contract painting on new build houses, we used to use crown or dulux contract matt white and magnolia which is cheap for a huge tub and ive recently used wilko paint which i found to be just as good if not thicker and better
Mark_Hickman21/03/2020 16:17

I used to do contract painting on new build houses, we used to use crown …I used to do contract painting on new build houses, we used to use crown or dulux contract matt white and magnolia which is cheap for a huge tub and ive recently used wilko paint which i found to be just as good if not thicker and better

yeah after living in 2 new builds, i couldn't wait until 6 months were up and i can use decent pain that is wipable.
AMaky21/03/2020 16:28

yeah after living in 2 new builds, i couldn't wait until 6 months were up …yeah after living in 2 new builds, i couldn't wait until 6 months were up and i can use decent pain that is wipable.

Why did you have to wait 6 months ?
Always used dulux endurance but then tried wilkos durable and have found it much better quality. Thick, high opacity and really easy to clean up plus nice selection of colours.
Mark_Hickman21/03/2020 17:24

Why did you have to wait 6 months ?

it's an advice for new builds to make sure if any cracks appear, they will be repaired by the builder company.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants