Painting decorating?

Posted 4th Apr
Hi all Just painted my 5 Bedroom house as we are on lockdown as out of work and bored then the pin dropped I could do this as a living started looking at spray guns rollers any tips from people and if any body thinks it’s a good idea
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Scotland131404/04/2020 16:19

Don’t use a spray gun in the house

Unless you want EVERYTHING the same colour....... Walls, ceiling, floor, cat, dog......
kevlfc04/04/2020 17:44

i pained my 6 bedroom house last week

But did you do the annexe and the apartment above the triple garage?
Edited by: "fattyflumpalump" 4th Apr
10 Comments
Seriously I have used rollers at my house it’s tired me out I thought it was the way forward
Scotland131404/04/2020 16:19

Unless you want EVERYTHING the same colour....... Walls, ceiling, floor, cat, dog......
wajedakram04/04/2020 16:32

Seriously I have used rollers at my house it’s tired me out I thought it w …Seriously I have used rollers at my house it’s tired me out I thought it was the way forward

I've used a spray gun on a few properties when helping friends out etc. I also used a spray gun to do my living room. I removed furniture and masked up the areas I didn't want any overspray on. You can't beat a spray gun finish for a smooth look.

Its not worth doing though if you would need to move a lot of furniture.
Edited by: "flowersofwar" 4th Apr
wajedakram04/04/2020 16:32

Seriously I have used rollers at my house it’s tired me out I thought it w …Seriously I have used rollers at my house it’s tired me out I thought it was the way forward

Seriously don’t. Just use a roller the more you do it the quicker you will be and it will make you fitter and less tired
kevlfc04/04/2020 17:44

But did you do the annexe and the apartment above the triple garage?
Edited by: "fattyflumpalump" 4th Apr
I spray woodwork with hvlp but walls and ceilings you need airless and it will be everywhere. These hvlp DIY sprayers need plenty of water in paint to blow through and really slow going on walls and ceilings. Poor finish too.Just a none starter, Airless you will need mask and extractor and lots of masking and practice.
flowersofwar04/04/2020 16:53

I've used a spray gun on a few properties when helping friends out etc. I …I've used a spray gun on a few properties when helping friends out etc. I also used a spray gun to do my living room. I removed furniture and masked up the areas I didn't want any overspray on. You can't beat a spray gun finish for a smooth look.Its not worth doing though if you would need to move a lot of furniture.

Was thinking of painting the sitting room but don't have any experiencence and not sure where to start. Any tips for a beginner? Just wanted to use standard white paint to cover walls, ceilings and maybe scurtings. Place is furnished and would need to cover.
AnkerMan04/04/2020 21:25

Was thinking of painting the sitting room but don't have any experiencence …Was thinking of painting the sitting room but don't have any experiencence and not sure where to start. Any tips for a beginner? Just wanted to use standard white paint to cover walls, ceilings and maybe scurtings. Place is furnished and would need to cover.

I have this sprayer

I usually use some old sheets to cover furniture and then put tarpaulin on top to cover from paint over spray.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions