Groups

painting lounge advice thanks

hi all hope all are well

being reading a lot on here of virtues of different paints, decorating my mums front room shortly (after stripping down wall paper will be just a white base left) which magnolia paint would you suggest?

thanks

8 Comments

magnolia is just cream with a yellow tint lol
    Edited by: "vicknanth" 30th Jan 2011

red magnolia is nice

Vinyl matt emulsion gives a matt, non-shiny finish that is good for not showing small imperfections on the wall or ceiling. (The shinier finishes reflect back more light and highlight any imperfections). Generally speaking, however, it does not wear as well as the glossier emulsions.

Vinyl satin emulsion gives a subtle soft-sheen finish and is a more durable surface than vinyl matt. It is suitable for areas that might need to be occasionally lightly washed or sponged.

Vinyl silk emulsion gives a high sheen finish and is the most durable of all the emulsion paints. It is good for rooms that are subject to a lot of moisture i.e. condensation. Some manufactures make specific Kitchen & Bathroom paint which is ideal for areas of high humidity.

dulux..... one coat

Original Poster

thanks for advice whether serious or not!

question worded badly just meant what quality to go for really

jbarnsie

thanks for advice whether serious or not!question worded badly just meant … thanks for advice whether serious or not!question worded badly just meant what quality to go for really

Dulux if you only want to do it once !

vinyl matt
    Macpherson

whatsThePoint

a nice blue magnolia looks best

i'm a big fan of green magnolia

Dulux OP, i also googled a thread for you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Competitions on HUKD712