Groups

Painting my kitchen, help me pick a colour!

I need to paint the kitchen as it hasent been done in years, im painting the ceiling white (like normal) but then i dont know what colour to do the walls.

Ive got pine cabinets and pine skirting boards. So its a colour that will go with that, plus grey/whiteish worktops and the same colour floor.

Anyone got any ideas?

19 Comments

Depends what you are after, Buttermilk is nice and will make it warm, or pale Green will go well with pine and grey as will a pale blue but may be a bit cold.

I currently have an oak kitchen so we painted the walls Buttermilk, it goes really well with wood.

Supermod

Very pale lifeless green will go beautifully.

Banned

Black

Buttermilk gets my vote as well.
    I stripped and painted my old pine units in buttermilk and did the wall in hint of apricot, ceiling stayed white . Got new vinyl to include those colours (and grey).

[SIZE="4"] pink![/SIZE]

off white , creame , beige

pale green

YELLOW! Looks lovely in the sunshine!

red and orange/yello

magicbeans;5330939

red and orange/yello

Kitchens not rep blobs MB
    - what are you thinking?:-D

chesso;5330970

Kitchens not rep blobs MB - what are you thinking?:-D

haha...my kitchen has a reddy orangey yellowy thing going on....i posted it a while back on a kitchen thread.....

i cant find those threads from a year ago saying show us your kitchen etc etc!!!

magicbeans;5331040

haha...my kitchen has a reddy orangey yellowy thing going on....i posted … haha...my kitchen has a reddy orangey yellowy thing going on....i posted it a while back on a kitchen thread.....

I'm sure it's bright and warm.:thumbsup:
    I had a quick look in kitchen threads but 'Hell's Kitchen' seems to have the upper hand, so I fled.

Mine is a burnt orange colour x

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, buttermilk does sound nice, and it would go with the hallway.

KazzyD;5329826

Depends what you are after, Buttermilk is nice and will make it warm, … Depends what you are after, Buttermilk is nice and will make it warm, or pale Green will go well with pine and grey as will a pale blue but may be a bit cold.I currently have an oak kitchen so we painted the walls Buttermilk, it goes really well with wood.

+1 lots of lovely options here

Depends if you are decorating it for you or to sell. If you are selling will need to appeal to widest possible market but may not be what you would choose for yourself

I just did mine dove grey... I have birch units, black surfaces and creamy tiles
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424114480
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767192
      3. word association Game73844459
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714

See more discussions