Painting over white tiles

Found 16th Sep 2017
I am wondering if I could paint over white tiles in the toilet with magnolia tile paint?

Can I still keep the original glazed finish with tile paint?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Our mutley1, who art in HUKD, known by the name, Thy ASK question come, Thy will be read on HUKD as it is in everyday. Give us this our daily thread; and forgive us our trolling as we forgive those who troll against us; and lead us not into a suspension, but don't ever stop posting. For thee comes out with some crackers and makes us laugh forever and ever. Ahem
8 Comments

The glaze is part of the tile so anything you put over will cover it. You could use gloss tile paint which will give a shiny finish.

I've never seen any painted tiles that look good. I'd only do it as a quick fix until you can get round to replacing them.

Our mutley1, who art in HUKD, known by the name, Thy ASK question come, Thy will be read on HUKD as it is in everyday. Give us this our daily thread; and forgive us our trolling as we forgive those who troll against us; and lead us not into a suspension, but don't ever stop posting. For thee comes out with some crackers and makes us laugh forever and ever. Ahem

You can buy vinyl stickers that give the same effect.

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell1 h, 48 m ago

I've never seen any painted tiles that look good. I'd only do it as a …I've never seen any painted tiles that look good. I'd only do it as a quick fix until you can get round to replacing them.

I have only seen painted tiles once and they looked really bad but I didn't know if it was the wrong paint used and whether you could get a good finish. Doesn't sound like painting them is going to be a good idea.

Original Poster

kester7644 m ago

You can buy vinyl stickers that give the same effect.

I have vinyl sticker and I have used it at the edging. Doesn't look too bad, but neither does it look great. Hummmmmm...sound like I have to think re-tile.

mutley12 m ago

I have only seen painted tiles once and they looked really bad but I …I have only seen painted tiles once and they looked really bad but I didn't know if it was the wrong paint used and whether you could get a good finish. Doesn't sound like painting them is going to be a good idea.

I think the thing that puts me off is that the grout is painted too. It makes me wonder what horrors are beneath

philphil612 h, 27 m ago

Our mutley1, who art in HUKD, known by the name, Thy ASK question come, …Our mutley1, who art in HUKD, known by the name, Thy ASK question come, Thy will be read on HUKD as it is in everyday. Give us this our daily thread; and forgive us our trolling as we forgive those who troll against us; and lead us not into a suspension, but don't ever stop posting. For thee comes out with some crackers and makes us laugh forever and ever. Ahem

Haha indeed. Either attention seeking or more likely employed or similar by the website.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants