Expired

Pallet Garden furniture

Found 16th Jul
Im looking to make my own garden furniture out of pallets. Has anyone got any advice as in wheres is the best place to buy pallets and the cushions to go on top? TIA
Community Updates
7 Comments
Try building sites for pallets, but ask first. We got about a dozen when they built a new Aldi nearby.
You won’t need to buy pallets - plenty of places will give them to you for free. Ask at your local garden centre, or builders merchants, anywhere that would generally get stuff delivered on them. I used to get loads from my local tile shop.
As for cushions to go on top, it will depend on the size of the furniture you make. You could always do a google search for a mattress maker and get some of their foam offcuts then make your own covers. Any soft furniture maker will have offcuts, which you could get for free or next to nothing, or just buy the size you want.
There are plenty of designs / plans out there you could use to make your own stuff, also people sell pallet furniture on eBay or Pinterest for ideas.
Go to your local supermarkets or even businesses on a local business park, there will be plenty that have some to get rid of. Try and see if you can get for free if not I wouldn't pay anymore than a couple of quid for them.
I would recommend buying the cheapest standard sized cushions you can find then making the furniture to suit.
Edited by: "jaketheplumber" 17th Jul
do you really want to have some low quality, untreated pine, rotting in your back garden for the next couple of years?
I went in to homebase and saw they were sell good looking pallets for £25 a go!! I feel that's extremely expensive considering I get 40 pallets a week on my deliveries lol be it they don't look as clean and shiny
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants