Panamoz... worth the savings?

Found 7th Jan
So I’ve done some homework and I’m honestly considering buying my next camera from Panamoz. The final price is the one listed on the products page, as they pay for any import tax it may incur, they give a 3yr UK warranty which allows my chosen camera to be serviced with Canon UK, and a lot of people seem to have really positive experiences with them.

Has anyone here NOT had a good experience with them? Because my kit is in the basket awaiting my trigger finger and I’d really love to get back out there shooting
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I've bought multiple cameras and lenses from them. I've never had a problem with them.
I've also used the 3 year warranty and they have covered any costs required.
They have also covered the cost of returning an item back to them (that was a faulty item, not a "I didn't like it" return).
It's the first website I look at for camera gear.
Go for it
Original Poster
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell3 m ago

I've bought multiple cameras and lenses from them. I've never had a …I've bought multiple cameras and lenses from them. I've never had a problem with them.I've also used the 3 year warranty and they have covered any costs required.They have also covered the cost of returning an item back to them (that was a faulty item, not a "I didn't like it" return).It's the first website I look at for camera gear.Go for it

See, I was hoping someone could talk me out of it! the main concern was the warranty, I was under the impression we needed a VAT invoice before they’ll touch the camera?
missy892 h, 13 m ago

See, I was hoping someone could talk me out of it! the main …See, I was hoping someone could talk me out of it! the main concern was the warranty, I was under the impression we needed a VAT invoice before they’ll touch the camera?

I never try to talk anyone out of spending money

Generally, all you need is the receipt/invoice/proof of purchase when dealing with any warranty claims.
My experience is with Sony UK and not Canon UK.
If you make a claim within the period that's usually covered by Canon (maybe 1 or 2 years, I'm not sure), you wont have to pay anything.
If you make a claim outside of Canon's normal period, but still within the 3 years offered by Panamoz, you will have to pay Canon to fix it, but if Panamoz will refund you the money.
Make sure you contact Panamoz first though, if you're claiming outside of the "normal" warranty period, but with the 3 years.
And also send them proof of the repair costs and generally keep them up to date with how the repair or whatever is going.
Edited by: "Derek_Horatio_Shatwell" 7th Jan
Original Poster
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell44 m ago

I never try to talk anyone out of spending money Generally, all you …I never try to talk anyone out of spending money Generally, all you need is the receipt/invoice/proof of purchase when dealing with any warranty claims.My experience is with Sony UK and not Canon UK. If you make a claim within the period that's usually covered by Canon (maybe 1 or 2 years, I'm not sure), you wont have to pay anything.If you make a claim outside of Canon's normal period, but still within the 3 years offered by Panamoz, you will have to pay Canon to fix it, but if Panamoz will refund you the money.Make sure you contact Panamoz first though, if you're claiming outside of the "normal" warranty period, but with the 3 years.And also send them proof of the repair costs and generally keep them up to date with how the repair or whatever is going.

Well I’ve heard all I need to hear. I already clicked the button anyway, I’m weak haha! My shiny new plaything should be with me within 6 working days. I’m so excited! I got nothing for Christmas so Happy belated Christmas to me
Original Poster
Well I ordered Sunday evening, it left Hong Kong yesterday and it reached Stanstead airport an hour and a half ago. I checked the latest UPS tracking and it’s at a depot an hour away from me Out For Delivery
So how did you get on?
Original Poster
JoseChupachup3 h, 6 m ago

So how did you get on?

I had no issues at all it’s a joy to use and I was going to purchase a 100-400mm ii lens with them too, only went with Currys due to Canons winter cashback, 3yr extended warranty and free 100gb Irista storage. Otherwise I’d have purchased with Panamoz again without hesitation! Can’t praise the company enough, the 5D Mark IV is something I never would have bought at UK retail price
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants