Expired

Panasonic Camera Cashback - Claim Issues

Found 14th Feb 2014
Ordered the Panasonic G6 with 14-140mm lens as one of the lightning deals on the 13/01, but the camera went out of stock with a revised March delivery date. Left the order in place though with the hope of still receiving it in time to put in the cashback claim before the end Feb.
Fortunately the camera came back into stock 3 days after the last purchase day to qualify for cashback. Didn't twig at the time until I tried to submit my claim.............only to find out that some scam artist had already claimed the cashback against that serial number.
Contacted Amazon, they sent a replacement. Guess what..........cashback already claimed. Another replacement was then sent by Amazon - same again.
It would therefore appear that some nice fellows are abusing the Panasonic cashback promo's, by ordering the items just before the cut off date, putting in a claim and then returning the goods. The reason that Amazon suddenly had stock was due to customer returns.
Amazon have stated that all returmed items (even if they haven't been opened) are not relisted as brand new and that they are sold as Warehouse deals - what a load of rubbish.
Panasonic at first claimed that their cashback deal could not be abused. Now though they are trying to track down the fraudsters by tracing the details entered against the serial number claims.
Anyone else had a problem?
Community Updates
5 Comments
PANASONIC cash back is a total scam! I sent all details on time, got a reference and NO CASH. They don't reply to emails, they don't answer the phone (always goes to voicemail with 'we are busy try later' message).
Just buy another brand and AVOID PANASONIC and their thieving scams.
ordered Panasonic camera with 'cashback' on the Amazon page. Ordered FROM Amazon. Applied for my cashback. Told that it was not eligible because Amazon had chosen to use a market place supplier and the camera was 'grey goods', not UK supplied.
I feel I have been conned by Amazon. Very disappointed.
robert26w

ordered Panasonic camera with 'cashback' on the Amazon page. Ordered FROM … ordered Panasonic camera with 'cashback' on the Amazon page. Ordered FROM Amazon. Applied for my cashback. Told that it was not eligible because Amazon had chosen to use a market place supplier and the camera was 'grey goods', not UK supplied.I feel I have been conned by Amazon. Very disappointed.

eh? do you mean some company was using the prime scheme so you thought was from amazon? what do the order details say?
I purchased a panasonic camera with £40 cashback from currys, sent scanned copy of what was asked for end of January 2016 waited the 4 weeks to receive and email stating they needed copy of serial no which i scanned as had not realised it was not on receipt. on email it states i have till 18th march t claim. have now sent copy in email and by post, tried to call to see if they have all details and like above customer it goes to voice mail, so emailed and it is a generic email that comes back. I would not like to think a company like panasonic will try to delay so that it gets past claim date, but if this does happen i will contact consumers or trading to draw to their attention as camera was bought because there was a cashback deal. why did it take them 4 weeks to get back saying i had not sent serial no ??? ie in that 4 weeks cashback should have been sent.... don't think i will ever purchase panasonic again
I bought a Panasonic FZ330 in January. Waited 28 days like they said, then emailed a copy of the receipt and a photo of the barcode from the box. Supposed to receive cash back in the next 28 days, but nothing, so emailed them. Got an automated reply. I was very annoyed, as it does seem they are trying to get out of paying people... Waited 2 more days, then rang them and actually spoke to someone. She spoke so fast I could hardly tell what she was saying, but she confirmed my claim had gone through and said I would receive the money in 2-3 weeks... Why it takes so long, I have no idea... That was 8 days ago. Still waiting for cash, and still very annoyed with Panasonic!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants