Expired

Panasonic TH42PX600BWAL - Best price please!!

Found 20th Aug 2006
...looking for best price on this TV I'm looking to buy!...

Thanks in advance all!...

1. Ask
  2. Panasonic
24 Comments

I cant find many retailers selling this model number.

Are you just looking for the [COLOR=#0000ff]TH42PX600[/COLOR] and the BWAL stands for wall bracket or something?

]http//ww…600

emmajk42

Are you just looking for the [COLOR=#0000ff]TH42PX600[/COLOR] and the … Are you just looking for the [COLOR=#0000ff]TH42PX600[/COLOR] and the BWAL stands for wall bracket or something?]http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23176&highlight=TH42PX600

Hi Emma,
The link you referred to is for the TH42PX60 and not TH42PX600. They both look similar but have some subtle differences.
Regards,
Saabu.

jatwap

...looking for best price on this TV I'm looking to buy!...Thanks in … ...looking for best price on this TV I'm looking to buy!...Thanks in advance all!...

Try Dixons online shop. They have this model I am sure at competitive rates. You can buy the wall bracket cheaper elsewhere I suppose.

saabu

Hi Emma,The link you referred to is for the TH42PX60 and not TH42PX600. … Hi Emma,The link you referred to is for the TH42PX60 and not TH42PX600. They both look similar but have some subtle differences.Regards,Saabu.

I don't think you know what the differences are :-P
enlighten me

:evil:

[COLOR="Red"]jatwap:[/COLOR] It would be nice if you appeared to have done at least some sort of search before posting a message. You sound as though you want to find the best possible price... and want us to do all the hard work and search around for you.

I recommend that everyone who is asking for help on a deal to at least quote 2 prices that they have found from online shops as well as the links. That way, we know:

1) You are putting effort into it as well and not just depending on us to do the hard work
2) We have an amount to compare to when we find a deal for that product.
3) One of us might know how to get the price lower at one of the shops you found (i.e. through vouchers, quidco, etc etc)

Thanks for that boonkoh. Any deal request should really contain that kind of a starting point.

incidently afaik the only differnce between the 60 and 600,is the 600 has a sd slot slightly better build and speakers(although most will probably use surround system.the screens are exactly the same.its up to you to decide if these small difference are worth £300.looking around i only found one site selling the b version(whatever the b means i have no idea).sound and vision. £1607.99 delivered

link

soundandvisiononline.com/mor…799

betelgeus

incidently afaik the only differnce between the 60 and 600,is the 600 has … incidently afaik the only differnce between the 60 and 600,is the 600 has a sd slot slightly better build and speakers(although most will probably use surround system.the screens are exactly the same.its up to you to decide if these small difference are worth £300.

I bought a TH42PX60B around April from Dixons, I'm pretty sure the only difference between the 60 and the 600 is the video chipset inside, from what I have read and heard.

My 60 has a SD slot (so that's not exclusive to the 600) but I cannot talk about sound quality as I have not seen a 600 around to compare too.

Thanks for your input ThePennyPincher - and a big welcome to HUKD!

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 60 has a completely different screen resolution to the 600, and is therefore not HD Ready?

These seem to be pretty major differences to me!

CJ

emmajk42

Thanks for your input ThePennyPincher - and a big welcome to HUKD!

Thanks Emma, I am a long time lurker.

cutthroat_jake

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 60 has a completely different screen … Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 60 has a completely different screen resolution to the 600, and is therefore not HD Ready?These seem to be pretty major differences to me!CJ

The TH42PX60B
42" Diagonal Screen Size
109 cm Visible Diagonal Screen Size
16:9 Aspect Ratio
10,000:1 Contrast Ratio
Pure Flat Screen
[COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=blue]1027x768 Panel Resolution (Pixels)[/COLOR] [/COLOR]
NTSC, PAL, SECAM Compatible
SVGA/XGA/SXGA Compatible

The TH42PX600B
42" Diagonal Screen Size
106 cm Visible Diagonal Screen Size
16:9 Aspect Ratio
10,000:1 Contrast Ratio
Digital Comb Filter
29 million colour reproduction
Progressive Scan
[COLOR=blue]1024x768 Panel Resolution (Pixels) [/COLOR]
NTSC, PAL, SECAM Compatible
SVGA/XGA/SXGA Compatible

My mistake PP. There are so many variants on the model names I got all confused.

The main differences are the speakers, the SD slot and the Picture in Picture Options then?

CJ

i also have the th42px60 pennypincher cant find sd slot anywhere? check number on back of telly maybe they sent you the 600 by mistake?
where abouts on yours is the sd slot?thanks

betelgeus

i also have the th42px60 pennypincher cant find sd slot anywhere? check … i also have the th42px60 pennypincher cant find sd slot anywhere? check number on back of telly maybe they sent you the 600 by mistake?where abouts on yours is the sd slot?thanks

Really? I am sure the box and manual had 60 on it, I am not even sure the 600 was out here when I bought my tele as I learnt of its existence about a week after I bought it (sod's law). I will check when I get home, but my SD slot is near the aerial socket if i remember correctly. It has got a cover over it similar to a battery cover on a remote type thing. Should have something about it in the manual?

ThePennyPincher

Thanks Emma, I am a long time lurker.The TH42PX60B42" Diagonal Screen … Thanks Emma, I am a long time lurker.The TH42PX60B42" Diagonal Screen Size109 cm Visible Diagonal Screen Size 16:9 Aspect Ratio 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio Pure Flat Screen [COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=blue]1027x768 Panel Resolution (Pixels)[/COLOR] [/COLOR]NTSC, PAL, SECAM Compatible SVGA/XGA/SXGA Compatible The TH42PX600B42" Diagonal Screen Size106 cm Visible Diagonal Screen Size 16:9 Aspect Ratio 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio Digital Comb Filter 29 million colour reproduction Progressive Scan [COLOR=blue]1024x768 Panel Resolution (Pixels) [/COLOR]NTSC, PAL, SECAM Compatible SVGA/XGA/SXGA Compatible

There is an interesting debate about the PQ (picture quality differences between the two supposed same chipset and panel models going on ]here).

CJ

Back to the task in hand!

Here are the best prices I could find.

There's a guy selling a Brand New Panasonic TH-42PX600CAB (unwanted prize) for £1,400 - local pickup only from Bristol (ending Thursday).

Other than that Dixons have it for £1586.76 (before any discount codes that you might use) which is very good.

Do the price match thing with John Lewis, who have it on for £2,344, and you will get a 5 year guarantee and free delivery thrown in too!

Hope this helps?

CJ

cutthroat_jake

There is an interesting debate about the PQ (picture quality differences … There is an interesting debate about the PQ (picture quality differences between the two supposed same chipset and panel models going on ]here).CJ

Sorry to hijack the thread again! The original poster doesn't want the tele anymore I read?

Anyway you are correct the 60 doesn't have an SD slot, I confused it with the CI slot for a paytv card sorry.

Also most websites label the 600 as surround sound? however that works...

And reading on the forum link you supplied, that looks about right, I don't think there is much of a difference between the two as they were released so close together, IMO not worth the extra money but depends on the deals you can get on the 600 now I guess.

So to sum up the 600 has a multimedia SD slot, better sound/surround sound and also picture in picture.

I just had a quick browse around and cutthroat_jake has got the best offer. I recommend Dixons as you have a store to take the tele back to then if it dies on you. Or deffenatly John Lewis if they can match the price AND still give you a 5 year guarantee.

This tele is the best money I ever spent! usually regret buying things, but I lvoe this thing to bits. It makes a cracking tele/pc monitor too.

ThePennyPincher

Also most websites label the 600 as surround sound? however that works...

Surround sound can be acheived with an array of small directional speakers, like with the Yamaha YSP series of single unit surround sound speakers.

ThePennyPincher

And reading on the forum link you supplied, that looks about right, I … And reading on the forum link you supplied, that looks about right, I don't think there is much of a difference between the two as they were released so close together, IMO not worth the extra money but depends on the deals you can get on the 600 now I guess.

I sense that you think that I am criticising the 60? On the contrary, comparing it at all to the 600 is high praise indeed, since it is well known as one of the best 42" sets around at the moment. I just wanted to highlight that there are many people who consider the 600's PQ superior to the 60, side by side.

ThePennyPincher

I just had a quick browse around and cutthroat_jake has got the best … I just had a quick browse around and cutthroat_jake has got the best offer. I recommend Dixons as you have a store to take the tele back to then if it dies on you. Or deffenatly John Lewis if they can match the price AND still give you 5 year warrenty.

Just to clarify this point, John Lewis offer a 5 year guarantee, not warranty.

Enjoy your Panny TPP. I have a much cheaper 42" Plasma, but I'm over the moon with it, especially since I "tuned" it with a DVE disc.

CJ

cutthroat_jake

I sense that you think that I am criticising the 60? On the contrary, … I sense that you think that I am criticising the 60? On the contrary, comparing it at all to the 600 is high praise indeed, since it is well known as one of the best 42" sets around at the moment. I just wanted to highlight that there are many people who consider the 600's PQ superior to the 60, side by side.Just to clarify this point, John Lewis offer a 5 year guarantee, not warranty.Enjoy your Panny TPP. I have a much cheaper 42" Plasma, but I'm over the moon with it, especially since I "tuned" it with a DVE disc.CJ

hehe no I know you're not criticising it! It's cool, I read the forum about it being noticible side by side and also people saying the opposite. The statement comming from a sales staff though makes it less credible in my eyes, but I dont want to go down to currys and compare them myself encase I become envious

I havn't touched any of my settings yet, I am not really into teles that much, especially reading what some people do on the AV Forums before I bought mine.

Anyways I am off to bed before I spend anymore money, as I just saw the hut discount and bought a load of DVDs...

just a couple of points penny,you can buy dvd players that upscale ordinary dvd,s into high definition via hdmi namly pansaonic scht855,also if you have windows media,use it to set up picture(after burn in),turn brightness down and whack up contrast,leads to breathtaking pictures especially on soaps(omg my secrets out!)

p.s. got mine from john lewis what is difference between a guarantee and warranty anyone?

betelgeus

just a couple of points penny,you can buy dvd players that upscale … just a couple of points penny,you can buy dvd players that upscale ordinary dvd,s into high definition via hdmi namly pansaonic scht855,also if you have windows media,use it to set up picture(after burn in),turn brightness down and whack up contrast,leads to breathtaking pictures especially on soaps(omg my secrets out!)p.s. got mine from john lewis what is difference between a guarantee and warranty anyone?

Alternatively get a DVE (Digital Video Essentials) DVD and "tune" the TV like the professionals!

A warranty is a written guarantee given to the purchaser of a new appliance, automobile, or other item by the manufacturer or dealer, usually specifying that the manufacturer will make any repairs or replace defective parts free of charge for a stated period of time.

A guarantee is a promise or assurance, especially one in writing, that something is of specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform satisfactorily for a given length of time. This usually manifests as a "money back guarantee".

With a warranty, your TV is likely to be repaired free of charge, or replaced if necessary. With a guarantee you will have the right to your money back any time during the stated period. Subject to terms and conditions.

CJ

cool thanks for the tips, I have Media Centre so will try that out. And have a look for this tune up dvd!

Anyone know a good resolution to set my plasma too in windows? atm I get double black bars when playing a dvd/tv channel, I'm not fussed but people who want to see picture quality of it moan :roll:

*I am using a standard VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV*

Original Poster

boonkoh

[COLOR=red]jatwap:[/COLOR] It would be nice if you appeared to have done … [COLOR=red]jatwap:[/COLOR] It would be nice if you appeared to have done at least some sort of search before posting a message. You sound as though you want to find the best possible price... and want us to do all the hard work and search around for you.I recommend that everyone who is asking for help on a deal to at least quote 2 prices that they have found from online shops as well as the links. That way, we know:1) You are putting effort into it as well and not just depending on us to do the hard work2) We have an amount to compare to when we find a deal for that product.3) One of us might know how to get the price lower at one of the shops you found (i.e. through vouchers, quidco, etc etc)

Thanks for those words of wisdom - what a great help you have been! The whole point of posting is to save me doing all the work that others may have done previously!

So, if you've nothing helpful to add may I suggest that you GTF!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions