Panasonic TV

Posted 28th Dec 2019
Hi, I’ve got up this morning and my Panasonic TV volume is stuck on 100 and I can’t turn it down - anyone know how to fix it? Thanks
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

22 Comments
Have you tried both the remote and the tv itself?
Yes, tried both but nothing
rixy28/12/2019 10:39

Yes, tried both but nothing

Have you tried fully unplugging it
Just tried that but still the same
How weird. Did it come on AT 100% or did you see it shoot up to 100? As if the volume is changing itself???
Also, to avoid damaging your speakers, get a pair of headphones to temporarily plug in - if you can.
Must have been a good party last night
Phsycronix28/12/2019 10:49

How weird. Did it come on AT 100% or did you see it shoot up to 100? As if …How weird. Did it come on AT 100% or did you see it shoot up to 100? As if the volume is changing itself???

It just comes straight on at 100, will put some headphones in for now - thanks for advice
rixy28/12/2019 10:46

Just tried that but still the same

Take the batteries out of any remotes that can control the TV and see if you can then turn down directly to rule out the buttons on any remotes as being stuck. Unplug anything else connected to the TV.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 28th Dec 2019
Could be that the Volume Up button on either the remote or the tv is stuck in place and is constantly signalling to turn the volume up. This happens on my computer keyboard sometimes and was annoying until I worked out what it was. Try getting a cocktail stick or toothpick and gently wiggling it around the edge of the button to see it any crud has built up there.
rixy28/12/2019 10:56

It just comes straight on at 100, will put some headphones in for now - …It just comes straight on at 100, will put some headphones in for now - thanks for advice

So, holding the "Volume down" button on the TV itself does nothing? Usually with this problem, it's either the remote volume button is 'stuck' (but you would've noticed the volume 'creep' up to 100) or the actual volume control button on the controller board has malfunctioned.

Just out of interest, try this: *** PUT REMOTE OUT OF SIGHT - UNDER A CUSHION! ***

With TV off - unplug from wall socket.

Now, press and hold down the "Power button" on the TV for at least 60 seconds, then release.

Wait approx 10 minutes and plug the TV back in.

Press "Power" button and turn on TV.
Is there a Panasonic app that can control the TV on your phone that may sort it?
Controller volume button stuck down ?
Hotel setting maybe. Use camera on phone.Point camera phone at remote and look at phone screen. Maybe volume button stuck. You can press buttons on remote and see if infered light working by watching phone screen. You can see it working on phone camera Vs but not by looking directly.

Here's How To Select Hotel Mode..
Go to the side of the set and hold down the -/V button on the side of the TV (middle of 5 buttons).
At the same time (holding this button down) press the AV button on the Remote control 3 times
The Hotel Mode Menu should then appear on tv screen. Volume set limits maybe be up,
Edited by: "wayners" 28th Dec 2019
Go into the menu and do a reset, should have a reset option somewhere, that'll put the volume down to its stock setting.
Thanks for your help guys, left it unplugged for a few hours and seems to be working for now
Panachronic tat. Only a few clicks down from Samdung.
Next time just do hard reset.
Tv needs to redeem itself.
AndyRoyd28/12/2019 14:40

Panachronic tat. Only a few clicks down from Samdung.

What a daft comment!
Haircut_10028/12/2019 18:50

What a daft comment!

Possibly, although a TV declining to function at anything below full volume is somewhat "dafter".
rixy28/12/2019 14:26

Thanks for your help guys, left it unplugged for a few hours and seems to …Thanks for your help guys, left it unplugged for a few hours and seems to be working for now

Glad to hear it's sorted. rixy.

Any clue as to what it was? Or did you just turn on the TV and it was back to normal?
Phsycronix29/12/2019 13:39

Glad to hear it's sorted. rixy. Any clue as to what it was? Or did you …Glad to hear it's sorted. rixy. Any clue as to what it was? Or did you just turn on the TV and it was back to normal?

Just started working & haven’t a clue what it was - means I don’t have to buy a new one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions