Panasonic TX-50EX700B owners with Netflix is this normal

Found 16th JunEdited by:"caverncity"
I have recently bought this TV. I knew it wouldnt be as good as my 720 Panny plasma with regards to blacks and pixelation. Watching DVB 1080p its very good most of the time with some pixelation on blacks, 4K is great however I was watching this 1080p stream last night and noticed how bad the pixelation was. The actresses face was clear but with a black circle of pixelation around her, as if her face had been planted in the middle of it. I have set the picture settings to recommend for true movie and dynamic so is this normal for Netflix and the TV? Also using wifi with no buffer at all even on 4K thanks

2959839.jpg
2959839.jpg
2959839.jpg

also video here

Community Updates
AskStreaming
7 Comments
That is awful
That looks more like banding/posterization to me that macroblocking/pixelling. It's following the contours of the shading.

I would reset the picture mode you're using for that, it may even be worth doing a full factory reset of the TV. That's definitely not normal behaviour for a mid-range TV like that.

Also, why no buffer? Buffering is a good thing. That could potentially be causing issues.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 16th Jun
Use buffering for a start.
Have you checked your account settings to make sure it's set to high quality instead of auto ?
A lot of the non netflix films look crap due to low bandwidth/high compression, Warcraft looks like a SVCD rip.
EndlessWaves14 h, 57 m ago

That looks more like banding/posterization to me that …That looks more like banding/posterization to me that macroblocking/pixelling. It's following the contours of the shading. I would reset the picture mode you're using for that, it may even be worth doing a full factory reset of the TV. That's definitely not normal behaviour for a mid-range TV like that.Also, why no buffer? Buffering is a good thing. That could potentially be causing issues.

that should have said "Also using wifi with no buffering at all even on 4K thanks " as in not freezing
kester7613 h, 46 m ago

Have you checked your account settings to make sure it's set to high …Have you checked your account settings to make sure it's set to high quality instead of auto ?A lot of the non netflix films look crap due to low bandwidth/high compression, Warcraft looks like a SVCD rip.

yes first thing I did. I think it may just have been that particular stream at that particular time of night. I still get the odd black pixelation even on 4K but not as bad as above, that is bad. I review on amazon found same, see photo below

34041151-gQ3Zt.jpg
caverncity6 h, 32 m ago

yes first thing I did. I think it may just have been that particular …yes first thing I did. I think it may just have been that particular stream at that particular time of night. I still get the odd black pixelation even on 4K but not as bad as above, that is bad. I review on amazon found same, see photo below[Image]

One I saw in currys looked excellent, I guess it must be a streaming issue. Have you tried another device running Netflix connected to it ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants