Panasonic viera, problems connecting to wifi. any advice please?

Found 31st Jan 2016
I have a Panasonic viera tv that I bought 3 weeks ago, took it out the box last week and what a carry on trying to use it.

First of all in connected to router fine(plus net) now more or less every time I try to use it I need to reconnect, once connected I choose an app and when trying to use it I get a screen that says that it needs an Internet connection to view'

I have went through the help section, looked on google and can't seem to find any answers.

Already have an lg and Samsung smart to connected that work absolutely fine but the Panasonic is a pain in the back side.
Would anyone have any advice please as I am sure I am probably doing something wrong? I am losing interest with it but will try and phone Panasonic tomorrow though thought I would ask here in case anyone can help
Community Updates
9 Comments
Is it an internal wifi receiver or a usb adapter ?
kester76

Is it an internal wifi receiver or a usb adapter ?

Its internal
you might have go into your router and change the name of the 2.4g or 5g network and connect to just one of them
lappin30

you might have go into your router and change the name of the 2.4g or 5g … you might have go into your router and change the name of the 2.4g or 5g network and connect to just one of them

I agree with this, your TV is probably connecting at 5Ghz and due to connection issues is timing out. Some TV's just have poor wifi receiver range.
kester76

I agree with this, your TV is probably connecting at 5Ghz and due to … I agree with this, your TV is probably connecting at 5Ghz and due to connection issues is timing out. Some TV's just have poor wifi receiver range.

Thank you , will have a play about with it all tomorrow. It's very annoying as others further away from box are working perfectly. I'm not impressed with the viera.
lappin30

you might have go into your router and change the name of the 2.4g or 5g … you might have go into your router and change the name of the 2.4g or 5g network and connect to just one of them

Thank you, will try it tomorrow if I do that will it affect anything else that connects to it?
What Panasonic Viera is it? I bought the cx350b from Currys, had all manner of issues with it, including the one you mention.
I had to start by d/l an update file and installing onto the tv.
If your Panasonic is a CX400, CX350 & CR430 you could use this link to get the update... it may help.

eng.faq.panasonic.com/app…%3D
no it shouldnt do just change the name of one of them and u will be fine, if anything comes off you can just reconnect as normal
Limey1

What Panasonic Viera is it? I bought the cx350b from Currys, had all … What Panasonic Viera is it? I bought the cx350b from Currys, had all manner of issues with it, including the one you mention. I had to start by d/l an update file and installing onto the tv.If your Panasonic is a CX400, CX350 & CR430 you could use this link to get the update... it may help. eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35077/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ0OTI0Mzg2NS9zaWQvSVNpVFI3RG0%3D

Thank you,I will have a look. I have just managed to successfully connect it just now for the 2nd time in a week but had to reconnect when switching it on,mind you I don't want to watch anything at this time of night so not helpful really . Every other day I have tried I have to reconnect then instantly it says network connection needed.
The one I have is TX-32CS510B.

Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 31st Jan 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions