Panic for Scots as Irn-Bru recipe change is confirmed

Top comments

Must be running out of girders.
31 Comments

If there's already a sugar free version available, not sure of the need to alter the ingredients in the normal version?

Must be running out of girders.

Bestard37 m ago

If there's already a sugar free version available, not sure of the need to …If there's already a sugar free version available, not sure of the need to alter the ingredients in the normal version?

To avoid losing money or having to increase the price.

I only drink irn-bru extra so it doesn't bother me either way.

Bestard38 m ago

If there's already a sugar free version available, not sure of the need to …If there's already a sugar free version available, not sure of the need to alter the ingredients in the normal version?

In the 2016 United Kingdom budget, the British government announced the introduction of a sugar tax, the Soft Drinks Industry Levy. Planned to come into effect in 2018, beverage manufacturers will be taxed according to the volume of sugar-sweetened beverages they produce or import. The tax will be imposed at the point of production or importation, in two bands. Drinks with total sugar content above 5g per 100 millilitres will be taxed at 18p per litre and drinks above 8g per 100 millilitres at 24p per litre. The measure is estimated to generate an additional £1 billion a year in tax revenue which will be spent on funding for sport in UK schools.[

It’s a good thing they will be reducing the sugar, some people don’t know the damage they are doing to their bodies with a high sugar(refined) intake, cancer cells thrive in sugar, causes obesity which can also lead to diabetes, refined sugar is one of the most addictive things in the world. The only thing is that they will probably replace the sugar with aspartame.

jayonline859 m ago

It’s a good thing they will be reducing the sugar, some people don’t know t …It’s a good thing they will be reducing the sugar, some people don’t know the damage they are doing to their bodies with a high sugar(refined) intake, cancer cells thrive in sugar, causes obesity which can also lead to diabetes, refined sugar is one of the most addictive things in the world. The only thing is that they will probably replace the sugar with aspartame.

If anyone still doesn't know how bad a lot of sugar is for them they deserve to lose their teeth.

Diet Irn-Bru Loyal

God's Pop

I noticed this with 7up. But to me that is now sprite. I don’t trust sweetners as some are also carcenagenic.

You also also get an after taste with sweetners. Yea we all know that there is lots of sugar in irn Bru. But you have sugar free versions.

Ill give it a go and will be the one that can tell the difference. I can already taste it in 7 up.

Im sure there are other ways to reduce sugar and not substitute with sweetners.

Or people pay pay more money and the government get more money.

What about beer etc is that not high in sugar ?

i won’t really want it once they change it over. Understand less sugar but sweetners I don’t think are the right way.

Oh and irn bru is over £8 for a pack of cans, can’t remember how many but it was £5 before.

Water is better for you but sometimes you want a sugar hit.

silentriver10 m ago

I noticed this with 7up. But to me that is now sprite. I don’t trust s …I noticed this with 7up. But to me that is now sprite. I don’t trust sweetners as some are also carcenagenic. You also also get an after taste with sweetners. Yea we all know that there is lots of sugar in irn Bru. But you have sugar free versions. Ill give it a go and will be the one that can tell the difference. I can already taste it in 7 up. Im sure there are other ways to reduce sugar and not substitute with sweetners. Or people pay pay more money and the government get more money. What about beer etc is that not high in sugar ? i won’t really want it once they change it over. Understand less sugar but sweetners I don’t think are the right way. Oh and irn bru is over £8 for a pack of cans, can’t remember how many but it was £5 before. Water is better for you but sometimes you want a sugar hit.

Which sweeteners are carcinogenic?

I’d rather pay more money than them changing the recipe. My children don’t need to go to college.

Ghastly stuff, happy for it to stay North of the Border

If you go on a clean diet for a month it will cleanse your palette and you will notice how unnatural almost all these fizzy drinks taste.
I would much rather drink water and save my money and health.
They should ban all fizzy drinks from schools if they haven't already.
It's part of the junk culture.

They did this with Tizer and Lucozade - both now taste totally different.

It's insane to cut 50% right away. If they reduced it gradually, people would have time to get used to it.

I wish they would just not f' around with it and make them more expensive. Sometimes there are good reasons for having a fully sugared drink. Especially when using it as a mixer, it asking for serious trouble going for artifical sweeteners. It doesn't stop cheaper diet ones existing.

Yours an avid diet energy drink drinker.
Edited by: "MSK." 5th Jan

All these stupid companies shooting themselves in the foot, we don't want diet crap we want sugar. I'm buying cola in lidl now because both Morrison and asda have changed theres, I'd rather drink beer then fake sugar filled drinks at least beer doesn't give me guts ache.

Coke and pepsi will be laughing they will never remove all the sugar, especially coke they learned their lessons with new coke

MSK.28 m ago

I wish they would just not f' around with it and make them more expensive. …I wish they would just not f' around with it and make them more expensive. Sometimes there are good reasons for having a fully sugared drink. Especially when using it as a mixer, it asking for serious trouble going for artifical sweeteners. It doesn't stop cheaper diet ones existing.Yours an avid diet energy drink drinker.

Its a scam anyway, America is full of fake sugars, fattiest country on earth, fake sugars give you the taste but not the calories so your body craves what it tasted and you end up shacking more, your body screams I'm hungry after a fake sugar filled drink

Segata-Sanshiro6 m ago

Its a scam anyway, America is full of fake sugars, fattiest country on …Its a scam anyway, America is full of fake sugars, fattiest country on earth, fake sugars give you the taste but not the calories so your body craves what it tasted and you end up shacking more, your body screams I'm hungry after a fake sugar filled drink

I think that depends largely (no pun intended) on the person drinking it and how they manage themselves. But I take your point. I still want proper drinks to exist.

Yorkie, the big mans chocolate bar, now going to be reduced to have less sugar. They cant leave anything alone!

These commitment to sugar reduction plans means they wont have to buy sugar anymore and they get a reduced sugar sticker. What the does the customer want? Who cares, they get what they are offered!

CoeK7 h, 44 m ago

Which sweeteners are carcinogenic?

All of them are, but only when they react with the tin in a tin foil hat.

Is the sweetener Aspartame banned in some countries? Heard horrible things about it

Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army16 m ago

Is the sweetener Aspartame banned in some countries? Heard horrible things …Is the sweetener Aspartame banned in some countries? Heard horrible things about it

32999083-SrELk.jpg

Segata-Sanshiro3 h, 20 m ago

Its a scam anyway, America is full of fake sugars, fattiest country on …Its a scam anyway, America is full of fake sugars, fattiest country on earth, fake sugars give you the taste but not the calories so your body craves what it tasted and you end up shacking more, your body screams I'm hungry after a fake sugar filled drink

Have you ever considered doing less moaning?

Agharta19 h, 47 m ago

If you go on a clean diet for a month it will cleanse your palette and you …If you go on a clean diet for a month it will cleanse your palette and you will notice how unnatural almost all these fizzy drinks taste.I would much rather drink water and save my money and health. They should ban all fizzy drinks from schools if they haven't already. It's part of the junk culture.

Fizzy drinks taste unnatural, funny that almost as if they aren't natural

Segata-Sanshiro16 h, 44 m ago

The problem in America is the fact the put corn high fructose syrup/oil/starch in everything including fizzy drinks.
Edited by: "catbeans" 6th Jan

Bestard5th Jan

Cause some people, like me, hate the taste of the sugar free, but love the full fat, so if they replicate that, it's win win.

That said I really like the iron bru extra so we will see how the new recipes tastes and compares in sugar etc

You go away for a bit and come back and you realise how much crap is talked about on this site..

haritori8 m ago

You go away for a bit and come back and you realise how much crap is …You go away for a bit and come back and you realise how much crap is talked about on this site..

33020524-jGIAG.jpg

in fact it works if have been here
Post a comment
@
    Text