Parcel force Item not sent next day as payed for

Found 4th Dec 2010
Ok, so I payed £15 for next day delivery, and they never promised. Looked on official site, and im due 50% of that back. Just wondering where is it I need to claim? No information on website. Yet to respond to the email i sent either.

Thanks, Darryl

16 Comments

You can take it to a post office and produce your receipt for the refund.

moob

You can take it to a post office and produce your receipt for the refund.

Not so. You cant take it to a post office for a refund.

You need to go to your local parcelforce depot.

are you sure this is in the guarantee? I had a problem with the royal mail special delivery two days ago, and they came late; I rung up and said this, and they said they had removed the next day delivery guarantee on all royal mail services...

moejoejoejoex

are you sure this is in the guarantee? I had a problem with the royal … are you sure this is in the guarantee? I had a problem with the royal mail special delivery two days ago, and they came late; I rung up and said this, and they said they had removed the next day delivery guarantee on all royal mail services...

Exactly what I've been told - due to the weather being so bad they can't guarentee delievery.

LJM

Not so. You cant take it to a post office for a refund.

Funny that, because I did exactly that a few months ago. Perhaps I was dreaming.

moejoejoejoex

are you sure this is in the guarantee? I had a problem with the royal … are you sure this is in the guarantee? I had a problem with the royal mail special delivery two days ago, and they came late; I rung up and said this, and they said they had removed the next day delivery guarantee on all royal mail services...

Correct. They have removed the next day delivery guarantee. The insurance aspect still stands just not the delivery time.

moob

Funny that, because I did exactly that a few months ago. Perhaps I was … Funny that, because I did exactly that a few months ago. Perhaps I was dreaming.

Yep you mustve been dreaming. Post offices are not able to process these sort of refunds - never have.

Our next day guaranteeBecause we know how important your package is, we … Our next day guaranteeBecause we know how important your package is, we guarantee we’ll deliver your Special Delivery™ Next Day item before 1.00pm the next working day or we’ll refund your money.This guarantee does not apply if: * We were unable to deliver the item because there was no-one to sign for your item * The delivery address is in an area of the UK where we do not guarantee next day delivery * We do not guarantee the delivery time for items to an address for which a person has paid for our redirection services. The item will be forwarded to the new address using Special Delivery but the money back guarantee does not apply

Claim Form

Explanation
Edited by: "moob" 4th Dec 2010

with the snow is prob there reason

Moob - yes they will refund the cost but you cannot get this refund at a post office. Its got to come from Royal Mail or Parcelfarce or whatever. A post office branch cannot process this refund simply by producing your receipt at the counter although, as you said they do hold the claim forms for you to complete and send off.
Edited by: "LJM" 4th Dec 2010

Original Poster

On the receipt, it says "Conditions Accepted" and the answer is yes.

So it would appear they accepted the conditions. On the website, it clearly states its still 50% too.

Btw, this is parcel force.. not Royal mail

Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 4th Dec 2010

Banned

moob

Claim FormExplanation

Why have you posted all that? He didn't send using Royal Mail.

OP you need to call parcel force

colinsunderland

Why have you posted all that? He didn't send using Royal Mail.OP you need … Why have you posted all that? He didn't send using Royal Mail.OP you need to call parcel force

Probably because I made a mistake?

Sloth/Mod

I sent one last Saturday by ParcelForce 48 and it's yet to be delivered due to 'weather conditions'. It's stuck at Gatwick Airport............all rather pointless as i'm about 3 hours from Gatwick but the destination for the parcel was only 30 miles from my home oO

And they wonder why it's not a profitable business X)

Banned

moob

Probably because I made a mistake?

I don't know, I was asking you, not sure why you are asking me oO
Post a comment
@
    Text