Parcel Hero weight adjustment

Found 18th Aug 2017Edited by:"hearts22"
I sent a packet to my sister in Italy on the 23rd of June this year using TNT via Parcel Hero.

She received it fine. It contained 2 pairs of linen trousers.

It wasn't even a parcel, but a bag, the original bag SimplyBe uses to ship their products. I purchased them from them to send to her and used the packaging they arrived to me in.

I always use the measuring tape to measure and overestimate to be on the safe side. I always weigh as well and err on the side of caution when giving the weight.

In the email it says TNT found the weight to be 5kg versus the weight of 1kg stated by me.

Now, it's practically impossible 2 pairs of linen trousers weigh 5kg and impossible I underestimated the weight by that huge amount.

Since we're talking about June sister obviously got rid of the bag they were in ages ago.

It's ridiculous they want me to prove anything after all this time.

Why didn't they advise me of the weight adjustment before even going ahead with the delivery?

I appealed and requested proof of these measurements but how do I go about proving my measurements were correct? I have to disprove them and not the other way around. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Wait and see what they offer as proof. They may simply back down "for goodwill on this occasion."
terriclarkfan7 m ago

Wait and see what they offer as proof. They may simply back down "for …Wait and see what they offer as proof. They may simply back down "for goodwill on this occasion."

I doubt it from what I read online and they will charge my original method of payment automatically if I can't provide any evidence they're wrong.

Surely it can't be legal to deny me the chance to decline their services at a revised price but turn around 2 months after and attempt to charge me extra
Edited by: "hearts22" 18th Aug 2017
Funny you should mention this, I had exactly the same issue with TNT. I sent an item weighing 50kgs as they're one of the only couriers to take heavier items. They then contacted me stating the item weighed 80kgs! There is absolutely no way the item gained 30kgs between the delivery driver and their distribution hub. I just argued it out and in the end they just warned me that if I do it again they'll pursue the matter further. Safe to say I'll never be using them again.
Ask them for the photo their machine takes as it goes down the conveyor belt and check that your bag wasn't on top of someone else's parcel when it got weighed and your label was scanned. (i.e. their heavy parcel box and your label scanned as your bag was on top)

Then ask them for pallet weight from the flight manifest on the plane that it was flown out on to see if the pallet was 4kg light.

Then tell them you have proof of parcel weight from SimplyBE and the you simply forwarded it on to your sister in the original packaging.

When they read that, they will back down.
ThePasty18 h, 29 m ago

Ask them for the photo their machine takes as it goes down the conveyor …Ask them for the photo their machine takes as it goes down the conveyor belt and check that your bag wasn't on top of someone else's parcel when it got weighed and your label was scanned. (i.e. their heavy parcel box and your label scanned as your bag was on top) Then ask them for pallet weight from the flight manifest on the plane that it was flown out on to see if the pallet was 4kg light.Then tell them you have proof of parcel weight from SimplyBE and the you simply forwarded it on to your sister in the original packaging.When they read that, they will back down.

Thanks. I have requested that but I have a feeling it will fall on deaf ears.
Just out of curiosity, but did you weigh the trousers and the packaging yourself? A 1KG allowance for two pairs of trousers and cardboard packaging sounds a little on the light side. Could your package had exceeded the limit, meaning they had to make you up to the higher 5kg price band?
dxx10 h, 1 m ago

Just out of curiosity, but did you weigh the trousers and the packaging …Just out of curiosity, but did you weigh the trousers and the packaging yourself? A 1KG allowance for two pairs of trousers and cardboard packaging sounds a little on the light side. Could your package had exceeded the limit, meaning they had to make you up to the higher 5kg price band?

It was two pairs of linen trousers and it wasn't a cardboard box. I never mentioned in my OP cardboard boxes.
It was just some shipping bag with not even padding. No way it was over 1kg. They were under 1kg. They clearly say the billable weight is 5kg.
Edited by: "hearts22" 20th Aug 2017
Like this 31732767-wW8wN.jpg
ceres3 h, 52 m ago

On the scales that you used, what was the exact weight in kg / g?

I can't remember now after 2 months. It was well under 1kg so I wasn't certainly worried about weight adjustments. The label can't even be viewed anymore on the website as it's been deleted.
Since I simply forwarded to my sister the trousers how SimplyBe sent them to me, without opening the packet, I have emailed them to see if they can confirm weight and dimensions of the packet.
Edited by: "hearts22" 20th Aug 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants