parcel posted 1st class not recieved

Found 28th Jul 2011
hi, i recently sold an item on hukd (infamous 2) for £25. i posted 1st due to low feedback. its been almost 2 weeks since i posted 1st class and buyer is claiming it has not arrived. i have proof of postage (receipt from mail office) what can i do now ? ive lost £25 which means alot since im a student

1. Misc
  2. Parcel
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Parcel
22 Comments

Wait 15 working days from date of posting,refund buyer, then claim from RM
Edited by: "boothy" 28th Jul 2011

Next time always send by recorded, only 80p ish extra..

For now you will need to contact RM for a claim form, I have recently send an item and it has never turn up, RM told me to wait 14 working days..
Edited by: "heovang" 28th Jul 2011

Banned

The buyer is probably lying, usually the case on here

Original Poster

thanks alot, also boothy i sent item first without payment. i should have gone recorded

should have sent it recorded, now you've been ripped off, which happens a lot on here

DJ1

Says the guy with LOADS of FT/FS feedback

royal mail only give you your postage cost back not the value of the item mate this happened to me on ebay once ...... i learned my lesson and never send anything unless its recorded

Banned

Petrol bomb the b******d.

Original Poster

with regard to the buyer , hes advising me and seems nice , its my loss and am not holding anything against him

DangerGod

Petrol bomb the b******d.

bit harsh...........WE LOVE IT!!!! HA HA HA HA

DJ1

wickedteen

should have sent it recorded, now you've been ripped off, which happens a … should have sent it recorded, now you've been ripped off, which happens a lot on here

Not always the case - I had something go missing in the post this week (not on here) and another thing had been removed with a slit on the small side of the envelope and the item inside taken out which can only have happened somewhere along the postal system so I wouldn't jump to conclusions and blame the buyer.

dgspruce

royal mail only give you your postage cost back not the value of the item … royal mail only give you your postage cost back not the value of the item mate this happened to me on ebay once ...... i learned my lesson and never send anything unless its recorded

Not true. If you have a receipt of how much the item cost you originally, then royal mail refund how much you paid for it. At least thats what they did for me.

hdizzle

Not true. If you have a receipt of how much the item cost you originally, … Not true. If you have a receipt of how much the item cost you originally, then royal mail refund how much you paid for it. At least thats what they did for me.

not true again mate unless it was recorded then you are covered upto £46 had this argument with them even with proof from ebay and paypal transaction was told tuff titty

Our UK Services Compensation available for lost items
1st Class For stamped and metered items a postage refund plus compensation on the basis of actual loss, where evidence of posting and evidence of value can be provided. This compensation is subject to the maximum payable being the lower of the market value of the item and statutory maximum of 100 x 1st Class stamps at the first weight step.

Postage refund (a minimum payment of 6 x 1st Class letter stamps at the first weight step) shall be payable where only basic evidence is provided or the item is of no intrinsic value.

Claims must be submitted within 12 months of posting.

Hope this helps.

Banned

dgspruce

not true again mate unless it was recorded then you are covered upto £46 … not true again mate unless it was recorded then you are covered upto £46 had this argument with them even with proof from ebay and paypal transaction was told tuff titty

it is true, you are wrong

dgspruce

not true again mate unless it was recorded then you are covered upto £46 … not true again mate unless it was recorded then you are covered upto £46 had this argument with them even with proof from ebay and paypal transaction was told tuff titty

Really?! I have had to fill out the form once for a missing parcel I sent to someone on eBay, it took a while but the item's value and postage was fully refunded to me, albeit the item only being worth a tenner or so. I am pretty confident that they will insure even a royal mail first class standard up to a certain amount (think it may be £30ish)

Although it is definitely wise to always send recorded. Saying that, my postie still puts recorded mail through my letterbox and even my window (both obviously without asking for my signature) from time to time...

And yes the item I sent was definitely standard and not recorded. That is where I "learnt my lesson" lol
Edited by: "SamRawr" 28th Jul 2011

I've sent items normal and they haven't turned up so have claimed the amount back. They insure upto about £46 I think. When was this claim as I think you've been fobbed off- I would definitely complain! I think if it's say worth £75 then they'll only refund to a maximum of £46, but they have always refunded in my experience.

i posted something on here that went missing a while back, i refunded the buyer and claimed via royal mail, i had to print paypal page and all msgs between us with price of item and got the full amount back.
Not sure how it would work seems hes not paid though ? i suppose its not much different as the price of the item is still the same and has still gone missing!

CuteKitty26

i posted something on here that went missing a while back, i refunded the … i posted something on here that went missing a while back, i refunded the buyer and claimed via royal mail, i had to print paypal page and all msgs between us with price of item and got the full amount back. Not sure how it would work seems hes not paid though ? i suppose its not much different as the price of the item is still the same and has still gone missing!

I think that's hit it on the nail. At the end of the day, you could be posting a gift to someone at that value and go through the same claim form if it goes missing. It is just the value of the item that they are concerned with being vigorous at checking.

i would have sent signed for..but make your claim as you should be covered. I wouldnt have posted first tho unless the buyer was a member with a lot more feedback.

Banned

dgspruce

make your mind up!

you are covered up to 100 x 1st class stamp value with PoP.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions