Expired

Parcel to send to Australia.....which courier is cheapest etc.

Found 13th Aug 2010
I am sending a large parcel to Aussie / Sydney as it's gifts for a new baby,so would be quite a large parcel.

Anyone recommend a courier, it does,nt have to be fast delivery,as not needed for wks yet. thank in advance.

3 Comments

send by surface mail at any post office. Almost half the price, but last time I did that it took 3-4 months to arrive.

also it is MUCH cheaper to send parcels under 2kg. For example, last Xmas, I had a parcel of 2.3kg, it was 45 pounds (not surface mail) but for 1.9kg, it was 10 pounds or so...... so you should try grouping into a number of smaller parcels. I think that they treat bigger parcels differently, whilst under 2kg it's still a packet (or something like that). But your local royal mail office will tell you this anyway.

Original Poster

traceyh09

also it is MUCH cheaper to send parcels under 2kg. For example, last … also it is MUCH cheaper to send parcels under 2kg. For example, last Xmas, I had a parcel of 2.3kg, it was 45 pounds (not surface mail) but for 1.9kg, it was 10 pounds or so...... so you should try grouping into a number of smaller parcels. I think that they treat bigger parcels differently, whilst under 2kg it's still a packet (or something like that). But your local royal mail office will tell you this anyway.

Thank you so much for the info,will split into small parcels.........again thank you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …70119
    2. I couldn't hold it in any longer - it's World Toilet Day today!46
    3. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1637
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)74597

See more discussions