Parcel2go - Beware of shocking service

Found 7th Oct 2011
Just want users to be aware of the shocking service from parcels2go. A transcript of an online chat is below. Use them at your own risk.

Please wait for an operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Ash'

Ash: Welcome to Parcel2go.com online. How may I help you today please?

carl: p2g 6939217 has not been delivered in 9 days

carl: I contacted you yesterday and was told for the 3 rd day running it would be delivered the next day

carl: I now want the parcel returned to me and a full refund

carl: you company sucks

Ash: I am very sorry for this

Ash: Can you give me a minute or two to look into this for you?

carl: I'm angry

Ash: I do understand that Carl. I will have a look at the order for you

carl: you still there

Ash: Sorry for the delay – I’m still looking into this for you.

carl: ok

Ash: Can I please have the full delivery address? As the courier has said there is an address query

carl: no I have supplied that every day, your company asks everyday

carl: I want the parcel sent to me, Ive had enough

Ash: Okay Carl again I do understand but in order for me to help today I will need the full address.

carl: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ash: Thankyou

Ash: I will email this directly to the courier now and urge the delivery for you and ask them to mark this as urgent

carl: I was told yesterday that if the item wasnt delivered today you would arrange to send it back to me

Ash: I am very sorry for the delay with delivery

carl: No I dont want it delievered, dont you understand.

carl: the recipient has had enough, he wants a refund

Ash: Whilst I would be happy to request for your parcel to be returned to sender. I must advise that this is not something that can be a guarantee, as the collection has taken place and the parcel is in the process of delivery. There is a possibility that the delivery may be attempted, in which case you must advise the receiver to refuse the parcel.

carl: I will report your company to trading standards and BBC watchdog if you don't get this sent back

carl: I have recordings of all phone calls and copies of all these chats

carl: I was told yesterday to contact you tonight to get the parcel sent back

Ash: Yes as I said I am more than happy to request that but you must advise the recipient to refuse the parcel as I have explained above

carl: I have contacted you 4 days running and been told lies each day

carl: When is the parcel due to be delivered?

carl: again?

Ash: When I request the Return now they will proces that and it should be delivered back to you on Tuesday

carl: wait there you just said you couldnt do that

carl: when is it due to be delivered to the recipient

Ash: I said I can request it but it is not 100% guaranteed as the item has already been collected.

Ash: Or I can request delivery

carl: I have no idea what you are on about, it should have been delivered already, when is it supposed to be out for delivery again?

Ash: It depends which you would like me to request Carl. Return to you or delivery to the recipient?

carl: Return to me

Ash: Okay then that will be Tuesday

carl: you've failed to deliver it in 9 days so I have no confidence

carl: so it will be back with me tuesday

Ash: This is what I will request but as I have explained the return cannot be guaranteed.

carl: what do you mean, where will my parcel be then?

Ash: They may still attempt delivery

Ash: To the recipient

carl: why haven't they delivered it already then

carl: 9 DAYS

carl: 4 calls from me confirming address

carl: when is the parcel classed as lost

Ash: Only after the tracking has not been updated for 2 days

Ash: And this was updated tpday

Ash: *today

carl: O.K so how many times do they try and deliver before returning it to sender?

Ash: We have to request the return with the courier

Ash: Otherwise it is held at the depot

carl: O.K. so you've requested that now right?

Ash: Yes I have

carl: o.k. so when is it best I get in touch, I've advised the recipient to refuse the item

Ash: Okay great, please get back to us on Monday and also keep an eye on the tracking as this will show updates

carl: how do i check the tracking?

Ash: 8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ash: That is your tracking number

Ash: You can use that on our site on the Hermes tracking

carl: thanks.

--------------------------------------

Please wait for an operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Roy'

Roy: Welcome to Parcel2go.com online. How may I help you today please?

carl: p2g 6939217 has not been delivered, i spoke last night and confirmed the address but today it was still not delivered 'cus of an address query?

carl: after 10 days

Roy: I am very sorry to hear this.

Roy: Can you give me a minute or two to look into this for you?

carl: I've have contacted you 5 times, by phone online chat etc.....

Roy: Can you please confirm the delivery address and contact number

carl: I've done this on very occasion!

carl: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

carl: do you want my previous transcript

Roy: No that is ok, we were advised on friday that there was an address query with this parcel i have emailed them those details and it will be delivered for you on mondya

carl: It said on the log it couldn't be delievered today due to an address query?

carl: I have asked for the parcel to be returned, isnt that on the notes?

Roy: Whilst I would be happy to request for your parcel to be returned to sender. I must advise that this is not something that can be a guarantee, as the collection has taken place and the parcel is in the process of delivery. There is a possibility that the delivery may be attempted, in which case you must advise the receiver to refuse the parcel.

Roy: Can i confirm the address you wish to have this returned to

carl: Where it was collected from

Roy: Ok, i will email them to request this but they wont get the email until monday morning

carl: O.K. so where will it be sent back to?

carl: I want tio make sure of the address you have on file

Roy: carl

Roy: Collection address:

Roy: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Roy: GB

carl: yep, that's right

carl: Great, so they will probably try and deliver it monday, then send it back if it fails?

Roy: They will only do one and you've asked me to have it returned to you so that is how they will proceed.

carl: O.K great, will that show on the tracking?

Roy: Yes it will once the message has got accross.

Roy: I.e it wont change untill at least monday now.

carl: O.K.thanx for your help

Roy: Is there anything else I can help you with?

carl: no thanks
Community Updates
MiscCourier
82 Comments
Reported for move to "Misc" (from "Feedback") forum.
Moved to Misc as Feedback is predominantly for site issues.

Thank you, FP.
Seems to me like you spoke to the guy with utter contempt before he even said a word.
Good comment without knowing this was the third night running of having similar conversations
baffledsalmon

Seems to me like you spoke to the guy with utter contempt before he even … Seems to me like you spoke to the guy with utter contempt before he even said a word.

Can you blame him? If I had to keep speaking to someone and getting no further, my patience would run very thin too.

I hate incompetent companies and there are plenty out there.
Hope you get your parcel back.
Mrlossy

Good comment without knowing this was the third night running of having … Good comment without knowing this was the third night running of having similar conversations

Well no, I did, because you say it in that transcript! But is it "Ash's" fault that your parcel wasn't delivered? Was it him not listening to you the past two nights? No. He was there to try and help - you think he really wanted to do that after you starting the conversation with "your company sucks"?
maccy1

Can you blame him? If I had to keep speaking to someone and getting no … Can you blame him? If I had to keep speaking to someone and getting no further, my patience would run very thin too.I hate incompetent companies and there are plenty out there.Hope you get your parcel back.

This is, presumably, the first time he's spoken to this particular person so no, there was no need for that.
baffledsalmon

This is, presumably, the first time he's spoken to this particular person … This is, presumably, the first time he's spoken to this particular person so no, there was no need for that.

Why not? If a company sucks tell them, I have been on the receiving end of this kind of thing and it is most frustrating.

I do not think he actually got personal, he was saying it about the company.
Absolute rubbish, so if I spoke to a different person every night I should treat them like it's the first time I'm dealing with the problem? Get real! What a totally stupid comment you make.
Maccy1 above not directed at you
Mrlossy

Maccy1 above not directed at you

I know Also, like I have said it is very frustrating when you have to keep ringing to get any sort of service from a company.
Lot of PC idiots on here mate.
Pfff. I hope they keep giving you the run around if that's your attitude!
The issue here seems to be with MyHermes not parcel2go.
I would call MyHermes and try confirming details with them.
You did sound rude to Ash, it's not the poor guy's fault and he did seem to respond fairly well to your requests.
Not a good experience, but that happens sometimes, it just sucks that it's you this time.
baffledsalmon

Pfff. I hope they keep giving you the run around if that's your attitude!

I give up.
I've used parcels2go a good few times & never had any probs except once I chose Hermes over Citystink & they took 3 days to deliver.
OP you're 100% right to be mad.
sickly sweet

The issue here seems to be with MyHermes not parcel2go.I would call … The issue here seems to be with MyHermes not parcel2go.I would call MyHermes and try confirming details with them.You did sound rude to Ash, it's not the poor guy's fault and he did seem to respond fairly well to your requests.Not a good experience, but that happens sometimes, it just sucks that it's you this time.

To be fair to the OP,he sent his money to Parcel2go & not Hermes so it's up to Parcels2go to demand Hermes deliver it ASAP.
deleted265520
You sound very rude. I'm not going to lie - I hope after that phone call they discover your parcel and have a kickabout with it in the yard.
Never had a problem with Hermes before myself. I suppose when it comes to courier companies the service you receive will always depend on the local delivery driver - sort of like a post code lottery.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 7th Oct 2011
never had a problem with parcel2go in over 50 dealings with them,every company will have complaints, and i do feel that the guy "ASH" couldnt have been more helpful and is perharps part of the reason they normally give great service.
WheresMeNuts

To be fair to the OP,he sent his money to Parcel2go & not Hermes so it's … To be fair to the OP,he sent his money to Parcel2go & not Hermes so it's up to Parcels2go to demand Hermes deliver it ASAP.

True, but if I was having no luck with Parcel2Go I'd go to MyHermes and talk to them as they are the ones currently in possession of the parcel. I'd try and go down a different route to help myself before I got to the point where I was throwing all the toys out of the pram. They know where the parcel is, which is reassuring it's just a matter of delivery and MyHermes always take longer than other couriers, partly because the actual delivery people are normally normal guys in their own cars on a part time basis, that's why it's so cheap.
I found out several times to my expense that companies like Parcel2Go are just unnecessary middle men. Those who can sign up with a courier company directly would be well advised to (although I appreciate for most people this isn't practical, that's why companies like P2G are needed).

I had some problems with DHL and YODEL when booking parcels for collection through P2G. One of my parcels got completely lost and I gave up, the other I got back after lots of phone calls etc. I did try calling DHL and YODEL directly but they wouldn't discuss the issue with me as the items were booked for collection on P2G's account, and obviously I'm not the account holder - all very frustrating.

The problem is that P2G can offer things like 24 hour domestic DHL delivery for less than a tenner - go with DHL direct or through their service center at Staples and you're looking at £40+.

One of the DHL reps I deal with was moaning to me that everyone seems to be setting up a shipping company nowadays acting like a proxy, like P2G do - resulting in it being hard for him to bring on new customers. I pointed out to him that if DHL matched the prices offered by companies like P2G for everyone, not just their bigger customers, there would be little need for P2G et al. All the while they're charging in excess of £40 for a service P2G offer for ~£10, DHL I can't see how they can blame people for booking through P2G.

I've got an account with DHL and some other couriers now, I pay more than I would if booking through P2G, but if I have a problem now I just call the local courier office direct, no messing about with the incompetent staff at P2G.
nickw90

I found out several times to my expense that companies like Parcel2Go are … I found out several times to my expense that companies like Parcel2Go are just unnecessary middle men. Those who can sign up with a courier company directly would be well advised to (although I appreciate for most people this isn't practical, that's why companies like P2G are needed). I had some problems with DHL and YODEL when booking parcels for collection through P2G. One of my parcels got completely lost and I gave up, the other I got back after lots of phone calls etc. I did try calling DHL and YODEL directly but they wouldn't discuss the issue with me as the items were booked for collection on P2G's account, and obviously I'm not the account holder - all very frustrating. The problem is that P2G can offer things like 24 hour domestic DHL delivery for less than a tenner - go with DHL direct or through their service center at Staples and you're looking at £40+.One of the DHL reps I deal with was moaning to me that everyone seems to be setting up a shipping company nowadays acting like a proxy, like P2G do - resulting in it being hard for him to bring on new customers. I pointed out to him that if DHL matched the prices offered by companies like P2G for everyone, not just their bigger customers, there would be little need for P2G et al. All the while they're charging in excess of £40 for a service P2G offer for ~£10, DHL I can't see how they can blame people for booking through P2G.I've got an account with DHL and some other couriers now, I pay more than I would if booking through P2G, but if I have a problem now I just call the local courier office direct, no messing about with the incompetent staff at P2G.

I didn't know you could do a PhD in Shipping companies X)
Edited by: "baffledsalmon" 7th Oct 2011
Honestly? That sounded to me like the guy was trying to be helpful and you were being "one of those customers". You might be angry but instead of answering his questions a lot of the time you were just telling him how mad you were or something. Parcel2go arange the service with a 3rd party courier and it is them who are to blame, not parcel2go. They're also right in saying that since it's in that 3rd parties' delivery network then it's not something that can be easily returned to sender on a whim.

I'm not saying you've no right to be angry (i tried getting a pacel from DPD this week and they were so bad at even getting to my street that after a few complaints from me they eventually hired a taxi service to deliver my package as they were too incompetent) but in that particular conversation above you weren't really doing yourself any favours.
Edited by: "hypnoticstate" 7th Oct 2011
Mrlossy

Good comment without knowing this was the third night running of having … Good comment without knowing this was the third night running of having similar conversations

And how are they supposed to know that? You ask for people's opinions, then get narky when they give them because they are not what you want to hear?

I sympathise with you for the poor service you have been getting but the transcript pretty clearly shows an obnoxious, provocative approach in keeping with the way you have responded to people here.
Wow-Ash was most professional in his responses. Nothing shocking about his service to you tbh.
my herpes, hermes or what ever = absolute rubbish

had them deliver 2 things to me, both arrived much much later than expected and "hermes" is a stupid name
dataload

my herpes, hermes or what ever = absolute rubbishhad them deliver 2 … my herpes, hermes or what ever = absolute rubbishhad them deliver 2 things to me, both arrived much much later than expected and "hermes" is a stupid name

Not as bad as the name 'Yodel'.
I've always had good experiences with MyHermes, our local delivery chap is fantastic. It's City Link which I can't stand using.
dataload

"hermes" is a stupid name

Messenger of the Gods, so presumably the people who named the organisation are more literate than you.
The shocking service is with the courier that is going to deliver your item.

If you regard the service by Parcel2Go as rubbish, the guy in the convo done well not to get angry at you oO

Good luck with your parcel, using Interparcel's UPS service has never disappointed me.
Ennui

Messenger of the Gods, so presumably the people who named the … Messenger of the Gods, so presumably the people who named the organisation are more literate than you.

yes, i know greek mythology

it's a stupid name for a company who cannot deliver packages on time*
Adnan786

Wow-Ash was most professional in his responses. Nothing shocking about … Wow-Ash was most professional in his responses. Nothing shocking about his service to you tbh.

Oh jeez.

That's their job, to sound like they are being as helpful as they can be, being the perfect "business", they are paid to be a good front for the business, not to get into a personal debate and make the business look like a total ass.

At the end of the day, the business is judged mainly by their service, it doesn't matter what nice things this "Ash" says, actions speak louder than words more than often, the OP has been screwed by whoever, and he has the right to act like a dick to get his own way, businesses love pushovers, they hate people who keep on when they make mistakes.

OP paid for a service, service failed, then got a half assed answer. And all you say is Ash is a great person etc? Rofl.

Edited by: "Wotwot123" 8th Oct 2011
Ennui

Messenger of the Gods, so presumably the people who named the … Messenger of the Gods, so presumably the people who named the organisation are more literate than you.

Although I like your comment a lot! It may be more than ironic that Hermes is also the patron of "the cunning of thieves".
jiminym

Although I like your comment a lot! It may be more than ironic that … Although I like your comment a lot! It may be more than ironic that Hermes is also the patron of "the cunning of thieves".

Yep, I looked it up in Wikipedia, and there are a few things that could throw a negative slant on the name.

Maybe the founders of Hermes/MyHermes were even more literate than I gave them credit for and were giving themselves more get-out-of-jail-free options when choosing their name:

"Ah, that's what you thought our business values are. A common misconception..."
Wotwot123

Oh jeez.That's their job, to sound like they are being as helpful as they … Oh jeez.That's their job, to sound like they are being as helpful as they can be, being the perfect "business", they are paid to be a good front for the business, not to get into a personal debate and make the business look like a total ass.At the end of the day, the business is judged mainly by their service, it doesn't matter what nice things this "Ash" says, actions speak louder than words more than often, the OP has been screwed by whoever, and he has the right to act like a dick to get his own way, businesses love pushovers, they hate people who keep on when they make mistakes.OP paid for a service, service failed, then got a half assed answer. And all you say is Ash is a great person etc? Rofl.

You make very good points about actions being more important than words, and the need for badly served people to push back, but there are ways and means.

Aggressive, obnoxious customers will always be shooting themselves in the foot, both in the immediate response they will get from put-upon, low-paid front-line grunts, and any long-term battles should it go to court or other mediation, where that kind of approach may be seen as provocative and unreasonable.
OP added to my 'never trade with' list for being a right whinger with far too much time on their hands!
Edited by: "csiman" 8th Oct 2011
Csiman added to "I think you are a total ****"
Ps to those who said how are we to know it's the x time you've contactacted them, rude on the phone, etc. Did you actually read the post? Some people on here are pretty thick, summed up by the totally pointless and stupid comment by csiman, who I'm sure is a pushover when he gets a problem with any company. Csiman you are a retailers dream.

morally he was wrong.

couriers, especially Hermes ones, get paid, only when they actually deliver a parcel. They have to pay for their own petrol and cars, so to let the courier attempt the delivery and get refused at the door is wrong and unfair on the courier who has done allthat work for no money, when all it takes is for one phone call to the courier to tell them to Green card it and send back.
then again,people who work I nice comfy offices getting paid per hour couldn't care less about stuff like that! Being a worker for a delivery company/reseller, you'd think he,d know.

Adnan786

Wow-Ash was most professional in his responses. Nothing shocking about … Wow-Ash was most professional in his responses. Nothing shocking about his service to you tbh.

nickw90

I've got an account with DHL and some other couriers now, I pay more than … I've got an account with DHL and some other couriers now, I pay more than I would if booking through P2G, but if I have a problem now I just call the local courier office direct, no messing about with the incompetent staff at P2G.

errr, you can ring the local depot anyway!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions