Parcel2go do NOT use them!!!

Found 10th Dec 2017
I do NOT recommend

their service. I chose them to deliver my parcel to Poland, because they

offered me the cheapest option. But of course behind this, there is a very long

list of item which they do NOT COVER in case of damages. You can find there

every single item which you normally put in a parcel.

So when I

was booking their service, I had to answer what is in my parcel, so they knew

it contained lamps and cutlery. When I wanted

to pay for this order, suddenly appeared a message that in case of damage it

will be on your own risk, or they suggested to pay an additional cost to protect

my parcel. I chose

to pay more money for the delivery of my parcel to make sure it is fully covered

and protected for £150.

Nevertheless,

the parcel has been received with the lamp broken into pieces. That was totally

damaged. We took photos and added to the

claim. They aim to solve your claim within 14 days (not 14 working days). I

went through 4 e-chats and after 17 days they offered me a “goodwill” of £21 to

cover the cost of the parcel even though it was insured to the value of £150.

They should

be ashamed of the service they provide, where in their policy you can find a long

list of things which they are not going to cover, but when you are placing the

order, there is no information about it. As I even additionally payed to cover

this parcel and did not know that this is not going to change anything and they

will not cover my parcel. This is just cheating the customers, as they do not

take any responsibility for items which we are sending by their company. So in

that case you can lose lots of money due to their policy. This is the most UNPROFESIONAL

delivery company which I ever met and I do NOT recommend anyone to use them.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Which reminds me - what's with all the new members over the last couple of months with rakes of numbers as the last part of their username?
For all the hard work of doing double and triple line spacing this new (cough) member needs to be commended.
28 Comments
And on today’s news...
how did you pay? claim through paypal or get the bank to charge it back if you paid for the cover which they aren't honouring
Which reminds me - what's with all the new members over the last couple of months with rakes of numbers as the last part of their username?
if we're listing bad delivery companies DPD are loosing mail and forging signatures then claiming items were delivered to 3 different places where the owner of said signature doesn't live nor was present on the day of delivery. So I believe the police are investigating DPD at the moment, and I hear equally so with Scan as they are the company that uses DPD as a courier as they are claiming no responsibility for the loss of mail when they are legally responsible as the seller still.
For all the hard work of doing double and triple line spacing this new (cough) member needs to be commended.
deeky36 m ago

Which reminds me - what's with all the new members over the last couple of …Which reminds me - what's with all the new members over the last couple of months with rakes of numbers as the last part of their username?

Question still remains unanswered, and I'm still not sleeping
deeky40 m ago

Which reminds me - what's with all the new members over the last couple of …Which reminds me - what's with all the new members over the last couple of months with rakes of numbers as the last part of their username?

I think the usernames are randomly allocated to newbies by HUKD when they sign up via whatasapp or similar. When they log back in they don't have to input their username as it's remmbered by the app, they only have to put their password in ????
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 10th Dec 2017
I had an issue with them too but in general they are ok.

I sent something to my sister in Italy using DPD Air Express, which they advertise on their website as having a transit time of 1-2 days. I know for a fact UPS and TNT can deliver to her next day with their Express service like it is on Parcel2go, but went with DPD that time as it was cheaper. TNT and UPS have that 1-2 days of transit time as well so I assumed delivery could well be possible next day.

Item took more than even 2 days to be delivered in the end as the 2nd day of transit time was during the weekend and then in Italy on the Monday they had a national holiday so no deliveries.

DPD confirmed to me their Air Express service has minimum 2 days of transit time, so 1-2 days is not correct as 1 day of transit time is impossible for any country under any circumstance.

Parcel2Go wouldn't admit they have false info on their website and even went as far as lying saying DPD has a special contract with them (DPD denied).

My issue wasn't DPD didn't deliver next day as they actually don't offer a possible next day delivery to any country (unlike what Parcel2go leads you to think) but that I wouldn't have booked with DPD if Parcel2go had stated the correct transit time of 2-3 days for this courier service to Italy.

When I used them other times I have never had issues with them. They are just an intermediary so they are cheaper but have more exclusions as to what they cover etc. You need to go and check their exclusions policy before booking.
We insured a parcel insured for £450 through Herms Via Parcels2go . It went missing. It only had £200 worth of Xbox games . But was only £2 more to insure for £450 . We had receipts for £450 so they had to pay out . £250 profit due to the idiots losing are parcel . We always insure for more .
deeky2 h, 4 m ago

Toptrumpet1 h, 28 m ago

Question still remains unanswered, and I'm still not sleeping

When you sign up certain ways suggested user names just have a string of random numbers, no idea why they've made it that way. So now anyone making a throwaway username just clicks a suggested username (even though they don't need to).
Edited by: "catbeans" 10th Dec 2017
I have had the same avatar for years and I'm struggling to remember why I hate p2g. This thread is a good reminder!
None of the courier companies are better than the other, they hire cheap labour to compete with one another and everything about the courier business is rushed, mistakes will and do happen, over the past few years all the main courier companies have let me down once or twice.
Tldr

Moral of the story. Read the terms and conditions to avoid tears
A lot of insurance is not worth the paper it is written on. It is extra profit.

In the case of a lamp it is relatively easy to wrap it so well with plenty of bubble wrap that it is for all intends and purposes robust enough for carriage, even say dropped from table or shoulder height.

Therefore if an insurance term covers for accidental breakages your claim against the courier depends on whether you have the evidence to demonstrate that you had truly wrapped up your lamp well, such as using photos showing stages of bubble wrap applied to lamp and demonstrating the substantial amount of bubble wrap and foam. A label on the parcel showing "Fragile" , "Glass" or a picture of a glass cup would help. This is what I typically do as a pre-caution, photo evidence says a thousand words.

Armed with photos then you have a good case to take Parcel2go, and/or the insurance company if it were to be a separate company to the small claims court at a low cost of around £20. I say "and/or" because you may take both companies to court for joint and several liability. Either party would likely to win against you when you have the photo evidence as you are protected by the Unfair Contract Terms Act (or whatever the modern equivalent is, if this Act was replaced). The Act means that a company could not unreasonably exclude liability by a specific contract term.

If I were you, still feel upset about it enough to justify a day or two's effort, then do a small claim and file this form at your local county court. It is very easy to do and very informal and you don't have to know the law (even though I mentioned enough law for you above). Even when they had totally excluded any breakage, even without insurance, you may still have a claim, as a courier's duty is to carry your items with reasonable care (still subject to you having wrapped you lamp ever so well).

Edit: One crucial point:-

Have you accepted in eChat as final settlement for £21? If you had then you are done for. If you hadn't, say in eChat that you made it clear that the £21 goodwill was still not enough then you may still have a case, it all depends on what was said in eChat and whether you kept a copy of your eChat.
Edited by: "splender" 11th Dec 2017
yozzman123413 h, 18 m ago

We insured a parcel insured for £450 through Herms Via Parcels2go . It …We insured a parcel insured for £450 through Herms Via Parcels2go . It went missing. It only had £200 worth of Xbox games . But was only £2 more to insure for £450 . We had receipts for £450 so they had to pay out . £250 profit due to the idiots losing are parcel . We always insure for more .

Over a lifetime, if you had used couriers100 times, say sending parcels twice a year, your profit is likely to be wiped out by your extra insurance premiums. This is the principle of risk when spread over a long period of time or over many transactions.
splender14 m ago

Over a lifetime, if you had used couriers100 times, say sending parcels …Over a lifetime, if you had used couriers100 times, say sending parcels twice a year, your profit is likely to be wiped out by your extra insurance premiums. This is the principle of risk when spread over a long period of time or over many transactions.

You having a laugh , I sell things on ebay a few times a year and have family abroad and I can tell you at least twice a year I have had parcels go missing . When it’s just a few quids worth I insure it for that . But once it goes over £200 I normally just insure it for double the cost , normally about £2 more . The secret is to have a receipt for that amount and also the contents of parcel declared to match receipt.
Just because you paid extra to cover the cost of the goods, doesn't magically revoke the terms and conditions that anything with glass is covered.

I sent a microwave with parcel2go (UPS) and took my chance. Someone dropped it, and broke the whole metal frame and bits of fascia. The only thing that wasn't damaged was the glass plate inside. Even then they would not pay out.

If I remember correctly the only courier will cover against glass (and it is the courier that states which packages they will cover for -not parcel2go) is UKMail. They will insure glass items including TV's up to a certain size. ipostparcels for them (though they are expensive).
Just checked parcelforce thinking they cover glass items... NOPE

Items excluded from compensation for damage
  • Glass – Items wholly or partially made from or containing glass, e.g. picture frames and clocks containing glass or crystal items. Damage to other items in the parcel caused by broken glass will not be covered
yozzman123421 m ago

You having a laugh , I sell things on ebay a few times a year and have …You having a laugh , I sell things on ebay a few times a year and have family abroad and I can tell you at least twice a year I have had parcels go missing . When it’s just a few quids worth I insure it for that . But once it goes over £200 I normally just insure it for double the cost , normally about £2 more . The secret is to have a receipt for that amount and also the contents of parcel declared to match receipt.

Have you selective memory? If you are winning then good luck though, not saying it is right or wrong, it is all the imperfections of the ways of the world.
Maybe if you hadn't put in a claim for £35.453265845355 they would have paid you in full.

What was the actual value of the lamp as that is a key point here?
Edited by: "Agharta" 12th Dec 2017
Seems like a load of hassle to me. Especially since they have Ikea in Poland, the recipients could have just bought a lamp and some cutlery. Besides, I can't image any scenario when sending a glass lampshade abroad by using the cheapest courier I could find, doesn't end in a broken lampshade.
We need pictures of your packing and the real value of your lamp that broke to make a impartial yet fair comment.

For all we know, you packed it in a bin bag and you paid £10 for the lamp.
Predikuesi23 h, 14 m ago

For all the hard work of doing double and triple line spacing this new …For all the hard work of doing double and triple line spacing this new (cough) member needs to be commended.

I thought it was a coded message, I was trying to encrypt it.
catbeans10th Dec

When you sign up certain ways suggested user names just have a string of …When you sign up certain ways suggested user names just have a string of random numbers, no idea why they've made it that way. So now anyone making a throwaway username just clicks a suggested username (even though they don't need to).

Probably designed that way so noobs forget their username so sign up again thus increasing the userbase
I always use DPD never had a problem .Fingers crossed that the good service continues now I have said that
OP, do try to keep in mind in future thar the onus is on you to package things appropriately. Parcels will be thrown around and squashed as a matter of routine, as it's the only way to provide a fast and efficient parcel handling service. You need to package things sturdily enough to withstand that in future.
I am worried more about the Op missing than the parcel it’s been a while now do we report them missing. Did anyone take insurance to protect them.
eslick1 h, 6 m ago

I am worried more about the Op missing than the parcel it’s been a while n …I am worried more about the Op missing than the parcel it’s been a while now do we report them missing. Did anyone take insurance to protect them.

I always take the pill and wear a condom when browsing HUKD as I prefer to be gender neutral!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants