Groups

Parcels2go Hermes

Anyone had trouble with this shower .I posted a parcel which weighed .95 of a kilo .Just had an email from them quote "nfortunately, Hermes have informed us that your parcel weighed/measured more than was declared when it was booked on our website. The parcel was declared as 1.00kg (10 x 10 x 10), however the actual weight/dimensions are 1.10kg (10 x 10 x 10).

We understand mistakes can be made and we operate tolerances to allow for small mistakes, however due to the size of this discrepancy, we unfortunately need to charge for this misdeclaration.

Also, due to the increased cost in processing misdeclarations, which include identifying and weighing the parcel, an additional handling charge of £2.50 is included in the underpayment total.

The total underpayment due is £ 3.41 + VAT. You can pay this charge now via the link below or find it in your basket and pay it the next time you check out with us.
    Pay This Now "
    Anyone else had trouble with shower?

12 Comments

can't see what you are complaining about/wanting - they want you to pay what it should cost to send, it's your fault if you'd told them the correct weight you wouldn't have had that email.

never had any problems myself, if anything I'd say they are slower than most but otherwise seem ok to me.

Annoying i guess. Not much to pay and we all make honest mistakes in life. It's not like you can't read French and missed a sign saying don't park here. Market setting up today, then having to pay for your car to be returned. £100+ that was. Xxxx xxxx French

wayners

Annoying i guess. Not much to pay and we all make honest mistakes in … Annoying i guess. Not much to pay and we all make honest mistakes in life. It's not like you can't read French and missed a sign saying don't park here. Market setting up today, then having to pay for your car to be returned. £100+ that was. Xxxx xxxx French

oh no nightmare, I once drove through France on my own and missed the signs saying Road closed bike race in progress, suddenly I found myself driving into a town lined with people and driving over the finishing line with unhappy cyclists telling me something in French - so embarrassing.

bluetba

oh no nightmare, I once drove through France on my own and missed the … oh no nightmare, I once drove through France on my own and missed the signs saying Road closed bike race in progress, suddenly I found myself driving into a town lined with people and driving over the finishing line with unhappy cyclists telling me something in French - so embarrassing.

​Car was gone when we returned. Found a policeman. He could not speak English so we took him to spot where I parked car. Now a market stall. Went downhill from there. 5 mile taxi ride. Cash only to get car and I had very little cash. Another taxi ride to cashpoint. I don't want to rant. You get the idea.. Like i said. We all make honest mistakes and hermes are being fair I think. Pay them for parcel but don't write sorry at the bottom of any comments. Forget it then an move on... That's what I would do..

Original Poster

bluetba

can't see what you are complaining about/wanting - they want you to pay … can't see what you are complaining about/wanting - they want you to pay what it should cost to send, it's your fault if you'd told them the correct weight you wouldn't have had that email.never had any problems myself, if anything I'd say they are slower than most but otherwise seem ok to me.

thanks for the support !!! 0.10 over weight ???? I wont be using these sharks again ,spoke to a mate same thing happened to him ,and like me gave them the correct weight never again

mac1611

thanks for the support !!! 0.10 over weight ???? I wont be using these … thanks for the support !!! 0.10 over weight ???? I wont be using these sharks again ,spoke to a mate same thing happened to him ,and like me gave them the correct weight never again

I would check your scales you may find they aren't quite accurate,you never know, as they are stating the parcel weighed 15g over what you're saying it weighed.

They have a general issue with people under declaring sizes so I guess are stropping a bit. I'd be inclined to argue with them though if you are sure it was under 1kg.

Out of interest what was the weight limit for that postage deal ?

Original Poster

Update !!! I complained and now tail between my legs re parcels to go .Hermes raised the additional charge but parcels2go agreed that it was ridiculous to charge me the admin fee and extra for the sake of .10 of a kilo and refunded me £6 for the inconvenience so hats off to parcels2go but i'll never use hermes ever again

mac1611

Update !!! I complained and now tail between my legs re parcels to go … Update !!! I complained and now tail between my legs re parcels to go .Hermes raised the additional charge but parcels2go agreed that it was ridiculous to charge me the admin fee and extra for the sake of .10 of a kilo and refunded me £6 for the inconvenience so hats off to parcels2go but i'll never use hermes ever again

I use Hermes all the time and touch wood it's never happened to me so hopefully my scales are accurate,if I were you I'd still check out your scales,it maybe those at fault.

Hermes are dog crap never again paid for item to be picked up Saturday and no show. contacted them today and was told van broke down haha what an excuse I ahd to chase this up or else wo would not of heard from them. and they wont refund either shower of ****

1988dave

Hermes are dog crap never again paid for item to be picked up Saturday … Hermes are dog crap never again paid for item to be picked up Saturday and no show. contacted them today and was told van broke down haha what an excuse I ahd to chase this up or else wo would not of heard from them. and they wont refund either shower of ****

It could be true you just don't know as the drivers are self employed or they simply chose not to collect that day,you see it a lot on Facebook the drivers not collecting if they are too busy,it's best to take them to a shop if you can,far more reliable and faster.

will do in future bloody robbers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent Mp3 Player?89
      2. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?66
      3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door22
      4. DVD storage22

See more discussions